Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #106
RXtony7
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to RXtony7 Send a message via Yahoo to RXtony7
135 after break in period on my old 87 RX-7 turbo..................woohaa.....that was fun
1998 Ford Ranger
4 bangin' at it's best
www.firstflightcruisers.com
Old 08-23-2002, 09:18 PM   #107
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

You're right TV, having a car that the average high school punk doesn't recognize and having it able to blow his doors off stock is great. But what I love even more about owning the B is how connected you feel when you drive it. There's no power steering or power brakes, no sychro on reverse, you have to match revs when shifting because the gearbox is full of straight cut gears, and because you're on bias-ply tires only about half an inch wider than Calista Flockhart's waist you have to be careful with the throttle. It's making me into a much better driver. Plus chicks love it. They think it's adorable, but in a good way. Not like they think Miatas or New Beetles are adorable.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:25 PM   #108
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

This is off the subject, but does anyone ever wonder about the intelligence of the people who post? For example, the title of this thread, "whats the fastest u have went?"..........what kind of grammar is that!?!?!? Did someone skip elementary school or something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
Old 08-23-2002, 09:29 PM   #109
94svt5.0
AF Enthusiast

Hookt on foniks durnt wurk fur evree bode.
-superchips power chips
-mac cold air induction
-BBK aluminum underdrive pullies
-pro-m 75mm bullet MAF
-18" konig wheels with nitto 555 zr tires
-Ford Racing 65mm throttlebody
-Ford Racing king cobra clutch
-Ford Racing 3:73 Gears
-Ford Racing Aluminum driveshaft
-Bullit suspension/ springs,shocks,struts
-Aubrun HD limited slip Diff.
2002 subaru Impreza RS
- stock
1989 Toyota pickup 4x4
-K&N
Old 08-23-2002, 09:59 PM   #110
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Apparently not. Hope this doesn't start another flame war, it wasn't directed at anyone....well I guess it was directed at celica-zen, nevermind.
Quote:
I got to see boobiues!
Old 08-26-2002, 02:32 PM   #111
dbartoschek
AF Enthusiast

Just because someone says "u" instead of "You" doesn't mean the person is stupid............I use "U" all the time. It's just a short form, so you don't have to type as much.
Old 08-26-2002, 04:01 PM   #112
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by dbartoschek
Just because someone says "u" instead of "You" doesn't mean the person is stupid............I use "U" all the time. It's just a short form, so you don't have to type as much.
I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about his poor grammar, a.k.a use of the word "went"....it should be gone
it would either be:
"what's the fastest you went?"
or
"what's the fastest you have gone?"
but not
"what's the fastest you have went?" because that is a double-past-tense, "have" and "went"
Quote:
I got to see boobiues!
Old 08-26-2002, 10:55 PM   #113
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
WµT iZ tHä MºSt FäS↓ UvE g░t µr RÿDe To??????????!!!?!?!??!!!!? ??!!!?!? ?!??!!?!? ?!!?? ?

:o :alien: :alien2: :bandit: :finger: :frog: :grey: :licker: :smoker: :silly2: :smoka: :smoker2: :sun: :flash:
Old 08-26-2002, 10:57 PM   #114
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
sorry, had to do it.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:00 PM   #115
justacruiser
Banned

fastest I've gone...

Kind of a story behind this one...

I was working night shift at Mervyns about 3 years ago during the christmas season, (the job sucked ass if you're wondering), I got out late, as in around 1:00 am. I hopped in my little '92 Nissan hardbody P/U. It's not fast, just gets me there really, but it's kinda fun to hot rod sometimes. Have any of you guys just gotten into the mood to stomp the gas or Hot rod the shit out of your car, just for fun? Well I was in one of those moods, so I did! I live in Bakersfield and was up near the top of Mt. Vernon which is on the outskirts of the city heading towards Tehachapi. A guy in a 70's Cadillac decided to have some fun with me, so I went with it (yes I knew he'd win). The stoplights were green all the way to the overpass at California (about 1 1/2-2 miles) and the street was almost deserted, don't ask why it was, because I don't know. Have you ever absolutely revved your engine to the max? I scared the shit outta myself because I was seriously expecting to see lifters flying through the hood of my truck it was revved so hard. 115-120... in a residential neighborhood...for about 2 miles straight. Probably the stupidest... yet goddamn funnest thing I've ever done. He kicked my ass and was probably hitting 130+ by the time we slowed for the stoplight. Talk about brake fade! I was still in the mood to stomp it and there hadn't been a single sign of cops, so when I got on the freeway to Tehachapi I kept it topped in 5th gear all the way up the hill, which is no mean feat if you've ever driven that grade before! The thing thats cool about the Bak. - Teh. route is that if you're going to Teh. you can take the Keene road off of Hwy. 58. Now THAT is a fun road at night! It's a curvy cliff road and at night you can see oncoming cars from the headlights, so the whole road is yours to play on with the warning it provides. It cost me almost 1/2 a tank of gas, (for a 4 cylinder thats a shitload) and my truck never has run quite the same again, but every once in a while, you have to have fun. BTW, a little over 20 minutes. Not bad for that drive!
Old 08-24-2003, 07:33 PM   #116
Tinytim12333
AF Regular

96 with a full car, 117with only myself, in my cav

Old 08-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #117
carrrnuttt
AF Fanatic

One year old thread: