Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 02:20 PM   #16
DiggerStang
AF Regular

Re: Mustang vs RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerun
LOL...
i can hear it now; to guys pull up to a light: "take a left ,then a another left, then a right."
I'd like to see that, it'd be pretty funny. As long as they don't sideswipe me...
DiggerStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #17
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Arrow .

From what I've heard the RX-8 is overrated from the factory, not putting out the 250 hp like it says, more like around 170 hp.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #18
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan
Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeViL
From what I've heard the RX-8 is overrated from the factory, not putting out the 250 hp like it says, more like around 170 hp.
i dont think it has 170hp...(why do people hate on imports so much,maybe because there's no american engine producing 250hp out of a na 1.3l?And before any of ya'll say it,the rotary engine is not ford's!
nacho_nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:26 PM   #19
eillob
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho_nissan
i dont think it has 170hp...(why do people hate on imports so much,maybe because there's no american engine producing 250hp out of a na 1.3l?And before any of ya'll say it,the rotary engine is not ford's!
Who cares? I think nacho's is a little paranoid. You would have to be. Here you are in a mustang forum flaming American Muscle. Do you have something you would like to get off your chest. Something happened to you didn't it. I'll bet you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about mustangs. Let me guess you were at a red light sitting in your nissan, huge spoiler out back, fart can muffler, stickers and everything. Suddenly you here something that makes you crap your pants. Its the sound of American Thunder, and its comming from a mustang that's just pulled up next to you. You try to convince yourself that your super nissan sentra and fart can can win. Suddenly the light turns green. You punch it but its no use, the last thing you see is twin pipes and a cloud of dust. Your a$$ has just been handed to you.
Don't cry we understand your paranoia. Hey maybe if it would have been an autocross .............................Naaa you would have still lost.
eillob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #20
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to nacho_nissan Send a message via MSN to nacho_nissan Send a message via Yahoo to nacho_nissan
Re: Re: Re: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by eillob
Who cares? I think nacho's is a little paranoid. You would have to be. Here you are in a mustang forum flaming American Muscle. Do you have something you would like to get off your chest. Something happened to you didn't it. I'll bet you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about mustangs. Let me guess you were at a red light sitting in your nissan, huge spoiler out back, fart can muffler, stickers and everything. Suddenly you here something that makes you crap your pants. Its the sound of American Thunder, and its comming from a mustang that's just pulled up next to you. You try to convince yourself that your super nissan sentra and fart can can win. Suddenly the light turns green. You punch it but its no use, the last thing you see is twin pipes and a cloud of dust. Your a$$ has just been handed to you.
Don't cry we understand your paranoia. Hey maybe if it would have been an autocross .............................Naaa you would have still lost.
how did you know??
naw,actually i was in a forum,and then suddenly,all the camaro and mustang people started to talk shit about imports,and I fight for the rigths of imports,so yeah,thats what really happened.
By the way,you have some good imagination,did you write f&f and 2F2F?
Old 12-06-2003, 11:25 PM   #21
90Stangjc
AF Enthusiast

LoL, that was pretty funny. But in all seriousness, i've rode in a RX-8. Kinda ugly coming off the line, but the top end power is nice. I've also rode in a bunch off mustangs. New GT, 82 GT, 83 GT, 86 GT, 89 GT, 90 GT (mine ) and a 79 straight 6 (eww). All the car's just mentioned would have took the RX-8 except for mine, and the 79. Simply put, a stick RX-8 will take a 90 automatic mustang (GT). But, a stick RX-8 WILL NOT take a stick Mustang (even the 82' with the factory 157 horsepower).
P.S.- I'm ONLY talking about straight line performance. I have no idea about the handling part, but i will give the looks to the 8.
90Stangjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:00 PM   #22
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
the base model is 197 hp it is very possible that thisis the one you have raced but not making any excusses and the option engine is 238. and the rx8 is a completely different car then the rx7. the rx8 is not even meant to take the place of the rx7. dont know when but the rx7 is due to come back.
mikegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:26 PM   #23
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
nacho look at my sig thats you.... you dont make import drivers look cool smart and tuff by running around not knowing anything bout cars say oooo i'm cool cause i make fun on non imports. People like you are the reason so many cool stang guys hate on imports. hints grow up and stop posting dumb stuff if you wanta talk bout stangs feel free if not leave kthx
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #24
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

mustangs are awsome...
Old 12-07-2003, 08:59 PM   #25
Los
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Los Send a message via MSN to Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
the base model is 197 hp it is very possible that thisis the one you have raced but not making any excusses and the option engine is 238. and the rx8 is a completely different car then the rx7. the rx8 is not even meant to take the place of the rx7. dont know when but the rx7 is due to come back.
Look for a positive response from Mazda about the RX7 in late 2004, early 2005. You can almost expetct the finalized product by 2006.
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:08 AM   #26
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Haha right it all has to do with me hating imports. Like I said I have heard of it being overrated and another story about Mazda trying to buy them back from customers because of it. That could be all lies but honestly I've seen two kill stories like this where the RX-8 is just getting blown away easily when it shouldn't, if it actually made 250hp.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:54 PM   #27
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Haha right it all has to do with me hating imports. Like I said I have heard of it being overrated and another story about Mazda trying to buy them back from customers because of it. That could be all lies but honestly I've seen two kill stories like this where the RX-8 is just getting blown away easily when it shouldn't, if it actually made 250hp.

it truely makes 238 hp flaywheel. wheel hp is bout 205 to 210.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:04 PM   #28
nacho_nissan
AF Enthusiast

yah,theres no reason for mags or mazda to lie about rx-8 specs
Old 12-09-2003, 04:09 PM   #29
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
yah,theres no reason for mags or mazda to lie about rx-8 specs
Not a matter of lying, rather an accident.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:26 PM   #30
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Not a matter of lying, rather an accident.

he's right you know.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing