Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 02:20 AM   #46
GTStang
Stang Guy

Send a message via AIM to GTStang
Re: Re: What annoys you at a street race or where you meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
The only thing I hate are people who call themselves "racers". If it isn't your job, you're not a racer. You're an immature person putting yourself and others at risk for no good reason at all.

What are you talking about? You mean practicing my drifting skills in parking lots and on back roads endangering others on the road means I'm not a pro? Surely you jest! For if this was true me practicing my launches at every red light would mean I'm not a pro! LoL

Old 12-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #47
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
lol, yes exactly.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:05 PM   #48
Jetts
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Jetts
Re: What annoys you at a street race or where you meet?

wow it is self!

but on saturday night the minitruckers go to sonic
and we just chill and talk to people we know and then acrossed the street in the walgreens parking lot we got the "racers" they sit their and do burnouts and do stupid shit and they get kicked out and then they try to come over to sonic to trash shit for us

i hate people that act stupid
i mean the business is letting you be there after hours and trespassing and you go and do burnouts and stupid shit
why?

11/07/87 - 11/11/04
*** KEITH VALLEE***
R.I.P
Keith. higher then any mother fucker out there..... R.I.P homie..
Old 12-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #49
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

I can't stand idiots who insist on running on main roads. It reeks of idiocy. Yeah, let's all run up and down the highest traffic street in our suburb. That'll be a surefire way to not bring attention to our illegal goings-on.

Or those who can't accept that someone else with a nice car isn't racing. Once my 240SX driving friend lost his license because some idiot in an Integra decided they were racing and tailgated him for about four blocks, honking his horn, revving his engine, and weaving back and forth to try and get my friend's attention.

Finally, he just dropped down a gear and dropped the hammer to get away from the 'Teg, right in time to speed past a pair of parked Parma officers who nailed him for street racing.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:11 AM   #50
B_Rock
AF Newbie

that sucks. i do that to get them off me sometimes, too. but if i don't feel that i'm in too much danger, it's time to test my brake kit out, and get a new rear bumper in the process.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:15 PM   #51
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: What annoys you at a street race or where you meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Rock
LMAO we forgot one very important staple of those who disgust us...

The rich kid that tries to be a thugged out gangsta'!!!

there's this kid (about 18) that comes to our meet in a new avalanche on spinning 26"s. he has a set of 22's in the bed that mommy and daddy bought him before the 26's. but he C-walk's up to the back of the truck to tell all of his entourage about how he "ganked" them off of an escalade. like he's some hard-ass or something. those guys crack me up.

ok...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:40 PM   #52
2000LS1Z28
AF Enthusiast

I don't like the gangbangers that go to street races, and wait for people to leave their car so that they can steal them. I saw two guys eyeing my car while I wlked from a side street towards Glenoaks Blvd. They talked to one another and kept looking at my car, and then at me. I has a funny feeling that something was up, so i went back to the car to leave. Good timing too, cause a Po-Po had just come in. Neither one of the two left, cause they didn't have a car. Other things I don't like are people starting a fist fight, or trying to initiate one. If you can't run your car, or don't have a car, don't talk mess. I see alot of fist fights break out because some loser has a small dick problem. I use to enjoy racing illegally until these type of people ruined it for me and alot of other people. If you're going to the illegals either race, or spectate, don't go there to cause problems. That reminds me of some loser that came to the races with a police spotlight and siren. He waited for people to race and then shined that light on them, and turned on the siren. Some people thought it was the real deal and almost ate it hitting the brakes.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:23 AM   #53
B_Rock
AF Newbie

yeah we have that here as well. that's why i organizemy own illegals now. they're prettymuch invitation only.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:44 PM   #54
thepolishmafia1337
AF Regular

The thing that pisses me off the most at those organized drag races is say for instance you have some extremely fast big block and small block v8 cars that are probably the fastet cars out there, it seems like the people that are doing all the talking are the ppl that drive viciously stock hondas. they wind up putting words in other ppl's mouths. On top of that they talk junk about v8's and spout off some stuff about power to weight ratio. i just ask them would you rather have a 3600lb car with a big bloc and 600 hp or a 2400 jacked up weed eater with 120hp? you do the math. does anyone else see this trend happening???
Old 01-01-2004, 08:40 PM   #55
BlooDReigN
AF Regular

One word: RICE

"hey dewds, check out my awesome 1.8L Integra. One time I beat a Mclaren off the line at a stop light and my car is really awesome because I have a 5 foot high wing and a batmobile bodykit on it. I'm an attention whore and I'm gonna take you all down!"

That stuff pisses me off. All looks, no brains and nothing under the hood.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:20 AM   #56
parrish5o
AF Regular

All these loud ass, slow fast and furious wanna be idiots.

11.5:1 306
CANFIELD STAGEII HEADS SCORPION 1.6 COMP CAM 555/570
GT40 INTAKE STAGEII LOWER 65MM TB PRO-M 75MM MAF
30LB INJECTORS 190LPH FUEL PUMP/ NOS INLINE PUMP
FMS ZT5 CENTERFORCE CLUTCH HURST SHIFTER
ALUM DRIVESHAFT 31SPLINE MOSER AXELS AUBURN DIFF
ALUM RADIATOR MSD 6AL MSD ADJUSTABLE TIMING RETARD
NOS STAGE II 150HP 497@5800 474@4300 11.3@118
Old 01-02-2004, 09:38 AM   #57
ColeIketani
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ColeIketani

it pisses me off when people do burnouts in busy parking lots.

Like I said before, I have nothing against rice, but I would never put it on my ride.

(Playing Devils Advocate here tho) I just think it's a style choise, just like people who wear sneakers (me) or people who were loafers ( neighbor), but I don't call them stupid, especally cause I don't know em. Who knows if there copying a fad or not. 2F2F just gives other people who hate rice a good scape goat to use against them

But again there will never me a 5ft wing on my Tib lol

2003 Hyundai Tiburon: Injen CAI, Mussa Single Exhaust, Sparco Four Point Harnesses, RRM Front and Rear Strut Bars, 22mm Rear sway bar, Shark Racing Pedals, Painted Rims.
Saving for: Either Big Brake Kit, lines etc, Tien Coilovers Sparco Speed Seat for driver side.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:56 AM   #58
Prxracin
AF Newbie

Let me tel u a story of what pisses me off,

I was at a street race in the markham quarter and i had thus grand bet with this car that my bros car had an air shifter in it and this fuckin moron with me says "I'l take that bet too, its his brothers car"

thats what pisses me off.

I know too many people doin that stupid shit on the street i got a friend that put his car in a tree tryin to burn out around a 30 degree corner
Old 01-05-2004, 04:05 PM   #59
Datsun3KGTTransAm
AF Newbie

This is what gets me, they spend so much money on body kits, crappy sounding exhaust, and filters and think that they are so fast. What ever happen to the days of talking about 10 seconds and under on the strip? Now its all talk about how they made an unbeleivable 14 seconds...cmon. Now lets not forget about this nitrious thing now. They stick nitrous on cars that shouldnt have it. Civics already weight no more than 1/2 a ton and they try and turn it into a race car. Not long before now your going to be seeing these light import cars flying and spinning all over the place, killing people. Lets not forget about the heavy wings they stick on the back of their front wheel drive cars. That just lifts them out of control easier.

Also about the street scene, I see them every morning before school at McDonalds showing off. Of course, Mcdonalds best matches them. I mean they have these gay custom color interiors. Ive even seen red and yellow. It makes no since to me.

All this talk about these show off import people always makes me want to have a pure american muscle car like a Trans Am and just drive buy getting all the attention.

The car I currently own could beat most of these cars. Its funny because me and my brother joke about slow it is to compared to his car (Mustang GT 350+ HP). My car is a 1989 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo.

My Specs:
'94 Saab 900 SE
Black Exterior
Black Leather Interior
Inline-4 2.0L Turbo
2800lbs
185HP
195 Torque
Old 01-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #60
boosted331
AF Enthusiast

Supra, viper, and vette guys that talk shit for hours but never race, and ricers who are just annoying.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing