Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
RemydeB
AF Newbie

Nissan GT-R R35 - Aoshima

Hello everybody,

First I'll introduce myself because I'm kind of new here. My name is Remy, just call my like that. I'm 15 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I've been building for about 5 years now but you definately don't want to see my first kits. Since 2 years I've been member on a Dutch forum, that was actually when my enthusiasm started and when I got involved more serious in building kits. I've done some military vehicles and planes but I try to stick to the cars because I'm best at that. Well enough about me...

This kit is the Aoshima version of the Nissan GT-R, it's curbside and the quality is not as great as for instance a Tamiya kit. The color is metallic white and I used Mr. Super clear to finish it. The windows look quite messy on the pictures but trust me, it is mostly down to the macro-setting on my camera. Maybe I'll take some new photo's with better light so that the shine on the polished body comes out better. Well here are the pictures:

Remy
RemydeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Dadimix
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan GT-R R35 - Aoshima

good color choice. i wish my models came up like this when i was your age. keep it up
Dadimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
rollin80s
AF Enthusiast

welcome to AF. build looks great as mentioned before. hope to see some more work from you.
rollin80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

Welcome to AF. I like white r35s. It looks good, just some small imperfections. For windows try black sharpies some modellers use them with great results. Also its easier to make a nice outline. Also maybe add some really light grey panel lines. Apart from that its a nicely built model.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:42 AM   #5
mugenhb
AF Regular

Welcome to AF, nice work your paint job is much better than mine when I was your age. I would agree try the sharpie marker or masking the trim before you paint it to get a cleaner edge line.

Steve
Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #6
Drift F.C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemydeB View Post
Hello everybody,

I've been building for about 5 years now but you definately don't want to see my first kits.

Remy
I am 15 also and some of my first kits were pretty good but like you, I have changed very much. The GTR looks good, the window frames are what is the problem with my kits also!

For the panel lines I use a really fine felt tipe pen, does it for me!

2010 QMHE Intermediate Silver - Mini Cooper S
2010 QMHE Intermediate Bronze - 37' Delivery
2011 QMHE Intermediate Silver - Panzer Tank
2011 QMHE Imtermediate Bronze - McLaren M8B
Drift F.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
RemydeB
AF Newbie

Thanks everyone for the reactions! To be honest I did actually mask the window lines but that went a bit wrong. I'm not really in favor of those coloured panellines and I'm afraid I'll ruïn the paint. Perhaps I'll give it a try on a future model. By the way I'm busy on a Ferrari California which you can expect in this part of the forum soon and I'm getting started with a Ferrari 430 Scuderia so maybe I'll start a thread in the WIP section for that kit.

Since today was a sunny day in Holland I made some new outdoor pictures a few minutes ago. Here they are:

Remy
RemydeB is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
gt-r , nissan , r35 , remy , skyline
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery