Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Safari
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
What U KNO
AF Newbie

Question 89 Safari problem

Ok, I just bought this car today. Kind of an emergency situation. It's an 89 Pontiac Safari Station Wagon. Well the engine seems to be working ok. It's quiet as a mouse. However when I step on the gas it just dies out. Im not a mechanic and have no clue but if someone knows what is going on I would apreciate it.

Now to elaborate to give you a clear picture. I suspect that this car had sat for a while and the gas has gone bad. Every time I step on the gas too much it just stalls out. and the check engine light comes on. I have noticed that if I flutter the gas it will go and eventualy pick up speed so I don't gets shot on the road. But it takes a LOOOONG time for it to get going.

As I stated before the engine is very quiet. No rattling, pops, shimmys, shakes or anything. The exhaust comming out is pretty clear as well. It idles fine. just when you put it into gear and put the gas down its not going to cooperate. any help?
What U KNO is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Safari