Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #61
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Re: Aoshima has a Supercar secret to share... its a M.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansnut View Post
Really people? Earlier in this thread there were complaints about why two companies have to make kits of the same car. Now we're complaining that we're getting both a road car and a long tail race version? After waiting 20 years for this to come out in plastic, I couldn't be happier!!!

Mike
Well, I for one won't complain!
I think it is great that Aoshima decided to do a different version. And as already mentioned Fujimi will most probably follow up with a GTR version, and if not there is still the MFH GTR, so we should be happy that all the major versions have been covered.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #62
jano11
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCruncher View Post
Aoshima says it will be released "later this year 2013" so they probably have a final design at this point. Let's hope they decided to go the complexity route to differentiate from the Fujimi offering with some nice suspension and drivetrain detail.
Let's hope so, though the Celica doesn't seem to have a detailed engine, unless I missed it on that parts diagram.
jano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:20 PM   #63
F1Tommy
AF Enthusiast

I am glad they did the F1 GTR/97 also. I saw them race at Sebring and Laguna Seca back in 1997 at the FIA races and they were as loud as hell. The 1997 V12 CLK Merc's also sounded good, alot better than the 1998 V8 version wich I saw at Homestead in 1998(no one came to that event as it was a ghost town!!). Although Mercedes did not win Lemans with the CLK they won everything else!!

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2014-Chicago March 2014-Pan Am and F1 model display
F1Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #64
lezdep
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVC500 View Post
For me who builds roadcars solely, Aoshima's announcement was a let down, and I just placed my order for the Fujimi McLaren. I was let down because 1) I was thinking that Aoshima would make a better kit than Fujimi (maybe not true given Fujimi's latest solid effort, the very nice Ferrari F12) and 2) I don't consider the F1 GTR Longtail a "supercar" as announced by Aoshima. A "supercar" implies an expensive, powerful road car. The longtail is a race car, not a supercar.
I disagree on both points. We don't know which kit will be better until we see actual kit content. Renderings Fujimi published so far do not represent real kit. They look just like renderings from 3D model to me. All Aoshima has presented so far is a 3D print of their 3D CAD model. I strongly suggest that we should hold our judgement until both kits' content is know.

While F1-GTR is a race car it is very closely based on F1 road car and it's long tail variant - F1 GT. In fact same monocoque structure was used for all of them, according to Driving Ambition book. Only 3 F1 GT cars were build, that made it extremely exclusive super car. It is as much as super car as F1 is, not cheap and very powerful road car. There isn't that much difference between F1 GT and F1-GTR long tail. Aoshima can just decide to include one more parts tree to make kits universal and let modeler to build either F1-GTR or F1 GT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkouch View Post
I've got to be honest. I'm disappointed. If the Fujimi was full detail then I'd be okay with the Longtail, but now... oh well.
But to say I'm not disappointed would be a lie. I've waited a long time for a full detail F1 Mclaren Road Car, in plastic, and I thought my wait was over.
No one here has seen what Fujimi kit will be like, so how can you be already disappointed ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullittStang View Post
My complaint is that I wanted the short tail race version. I'm sure Hobby Design or Studio 27 will release a trans-kit to turn the Fujimi McLaren into a GTR, just would have preferred it in plastic.
Who said Fujimi would not release race version later ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs004 View Post
The question for me will be depending on liveries, how many of these McLaren F1's will I get? It could end up like my Porsche 956 group currently featuring five different versions of the same car.
I know at least 5 different racing liveries, number of which had different versions for different racing series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Kid View Post
They should have come out with it a long time ago. The Mclaren has lost a lot of it's luster since the 90s in my opinion. Still cool that they finally made it.
I disagree, F1 still holds a "Legendary Car" status and timing is great. This year we celebrate 20th anniversary of this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyckles View Post
If only somebody would release a good street version, because the Fujimi doesn't look that great to me.
Again we have not seen what Fujimi kit will be like. Isn't it too early to make conclusions ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirofkd View Post
... Aoshima designer is quoted by saying that they'll have to adjust the business strategy, so we'll most likely get the BMW V12 engine.
I really hope that signifies a change in philosophy. Upcoming version of Toyota 86 with engine, might well indicate that the change is happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirofkd View Post
Added: Three versions from three companies all in the same year...sounds too good as a mere coincidence.
I wonder if it has anything to do with 20th anniversary of the car or may be just a change in McLaren's licensising policy for it.

I think Aoshima has made very sensible decision in terms of business too. They are not going to compete with Fujimi on the same road version of the car. They are releasing generic F1-GTR kit and with so many racing liveries available for it, Aoshima will be able to sell a lot more kits compare to road car versions. AND if they would really want to, they could release short tail version, because most of the car is the same.
lezdep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lezdep For This Useful Post:
tonioseven (05-17-2013), ZoomZoomMX-5 (05-17-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #65
Fkouch
AF Regular

Waited over 10 years for this model, others have waited longer.

Fujimi kit will almost certainly be curbside, and from the looks of it, require tweaking to get the body accurate.

Not really interested in Longtail.

Not paying £250 for MFH.

So I'll say it again. Disappointed. Is that a crime?

Yamaha YZF-R1 Taira 70% complete

Lamborghini Diablo SE30 (Fujimi/Revell combi) 20% complete

Tamiya Ferrari Enzo plus SMS, Sakatsu and Acustion 10% complete.
Fkouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #66
petesy
AF Regular

I just find it interesting that:

1. Modellers complained year after year that no McLaren F1 kit was made and promised to buy every one they could made if it was released.

2. After so many years, Aoshima and Fujimi obliged, and announce the F1 in different versions.

3. Modellers are disappointed, either complain the manufacturers are wasting their resources on the same car, or not getting certain version from certain manufacturer. All without seeing the actual product.

It's no wonder Aoshima is branching out to military models. Military modellers complain too, but at least they are willing to open their wallet.
petesy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petesy For This Useful Post:
firun (05-17-2013), MPWR (07-01-2013), RSTHK (05-17-2013), tonioseven (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #67
lezdep
AF Regular

Quote:

Not paying £250 for MFH.
If you're serious about it, you can get one for around 180GBP from amiami.com. Go to http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list and enter "f1 gtr" in search box.

Quote:
So I'll say it again. Disappointed. Is that a crime?
Of course not, just don't make such a fuzz about it. Imho, one post should be enough to get out your disappointment, shouldn't it be ?
lezdep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lezdep For This Useful Post:
tonioseven (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #68
hirofkd
AF Enthusiast

Consumer demand wears out over time, so if a company releases the most popular variation first, the subsequent variations won't get the same level of attention or sales. But if a company releases a less popular variation first, the expectation and demand will remain fairly strong until the more popular item comes out.
I hope Aoshima has made this kind of strategic move, and decided to release the GTR as an appetizer, so they can give us a gorgeous main dish later.

hirofkd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hirofkd For This Useful Post:
Martini Man (05-17-2013), tonioseven (05-17-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #69
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

I'm glad to have them BOTH in plastic; I can live with the "imperfections" even if none of us know what they are just yet. People are never satisfied. Already hanging the perpetrator before the crime has been committed.
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #70
Fkouch
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonioseven View Post
I'm glad to have them BOTH in plastic; I can live with the "imperfections" even if none of us know what they are just yet. People are never satisfied. Already hanging the perpetrator before the crime has been committed.

We 'bend over and take it' car modellers deserve everything we get. Wouldn't catch Military modellers putting up with substandard releases.

That said. If Fujimi and Aoshima do pull it out the bag and deliver two stonking models, I will happily eat humble pie.

A few more details from Aoshima would calm some fears I think.

Yamaha YZF-R1 Taira 70% complete

Lamborghini Diablo SE30 (Fujimi/Revell combi) 20% complete

Tamiya Ferrari Enzo plus SMS, Sakatsu and Acustion 10% complete.
Fkouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #71
Martini Man
AF Regular

I'm liking all of these new kits, now to get rid of that ST27 Celica trans kit.
or maybe kit bash it since the new one is Gravel and i need a tarmac for Monte win.
but you know they will do that one eventually.
Martini Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #72
ataschner
AF Regular

http://www.small-dreams.com/forum
ataschner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #73
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven

Quote:

We 'bend over and take it' car modellers deserve everything we get. Wouldn't catch Military modellers putting up with substandard releases.

That said. If Fujimi and Aoshima do pull it out the bag and deliver two stonking models, I will happily eat humble pie.

A few more details from Aoshima would calm some fears I think.
I don't complain; I'm too busy ENJOYING THE HOBBY; seems like lots of folks forgot how to do that. I'm not gonna have a stroke because the wheel wells on an unreleased kit are off by .0000045 mm. If you or anyone else can do a better job with the design/production of the kit, perhaps Fujimi/Aoshima would benefit from the submission of your resume (s).
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #74
JeremyJon
AF Enthusiast

from Aoshima's FB page

Quote:
Aoshima Bunka Kyozai Co.,Ltd. Official page
McLaren F-1 GTR "Pre-Season Testing"
Release : Scheduled in winter 2013
Price: Pending
Specification:
* Completely new tooling, including tires
* Fully recreated engine, interior,chassis and other parts with full authenticity, studied and researched from actual car
...Note: The mock up is not exactly matching with the test car on the flyer. Why? We just leave it to your guess for the moment
JeremyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #75
Big Kahuna
AF Regular

I'm happy with the resurgence of kits from Aoshima and Fujimi. Much better than getting nothing or all high priced resin kits(a bit out of my reach). If it's near enough, I can tweak it myself. It's better than nothing peoples.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling