Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Performance
Performance Anything you ever wanted to know about boosting the performance of your Cavalier.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 04:13 PM   #46
KJRich
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to KJRich Send a message via Yahoo to KJRich
Re: How to disable the speed governer/limiter?

I stumbled across the "governor removal mod" within the first hour of surfing Cavalier tech info back when I first bought my car. People who have to ask how to do it aren't looking hard enough.
By the way, how are you big guys fitting into Cavaliers? I'm 6'1", 225 lbs and my head almost touches the roof unless I want to recline the seat back more.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #47
Classicrocjunkie
Lifted GMT-360!

Send a message via AIM to Classicrocjunkie

I hope the doubt that -Jayson- has isn't against I. That was a good post. Too bad it was for the auto trans interceptor. LMAO... we played that one out good and made them all think it was real..

2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 PM   #48
03yellocavi
AF Newbie

Ok for all you people saying that it's really dangerous to go 120+ MPH, YOU ARE WRONG and right, you see if you have aprox. $3000+ you can do it safely, all you need is a lowering kit (a good one), sway bar, strut bar, and some 150 MPH+ tires and you'll do fine as long as the roads arn't slippery or wet, then again I have a friend who can go around a U-type on-ramp at 140MPH in the rain no problem but he has the tires, strut bar, and swey bars. and his car goes 180+ it's really fun but you definitly should SLOW DOWN around corners well paved straight aways are safe but know where the corners are or you'll be trying to slow down and then your brakes will start to make you skid and suddenly you'll start to go out of control, don't use your brakes unless you absolutly have to because they can cause you to skid into a roll if you accidenly turn the wheel to much or even at all it's safer to down shift or let the gear that your in slow you down. Their is a chance that all cars will roll, even ones that have all that equipment that I talked about above and even if they are 2" off the ground, because a certain bump at the wrong time can cause alot of problems, so know the roads your driving on and don't try to go faster than what your car can handle, so if you want to go fast it's gonna cost you a little bit of $$$, but it shouldn't break your bank.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:09 PM   #49
big dude1
AF Regular

great well, if i had 3000 i think i would invest it in something more worthwhile that suspension such as my internals, and a nitrous kit... whats the point of having the fast suspension stuff... when you cant go fast?

2001 Z24 cavi, and it owns
Old 02-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #50
big dude1
AF Regular

Re: Re: How to disable the speed governer/limiter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRich
I stumbled across the "governor removal mod" within the first hour of surfing Cavalier tech info back when I first bought my car. People who have to ask how to do it aren't looking hard enough.
By the way, how are you big guys fitting into Cavaliers? I'm 6'1", 225 lbs and my head almost touches the roof unless I want to recline the seat back more.

i fit pretty good in mine, but my head DOES touch the roof lol.... at least when i hit bumps it does...

2001 Z24 cavi, and it owns
Old 02-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #51
Classicrocjunkie
Lifted GMT-360!

Re: Re: How to disable the speed governer/limiter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03yellocavi
Ok for all you people saying that it's really dangerous to go 120+ MPH, YOU ARE WRONG and right, you see if you have aprox. $3000+ you can do it safely, all you need is a lowering kit (a good one), sway bar, strut bar, and some 150 MPH+ tires and you'll do fine as long as the roads arn't slippery or wet, then again I have a friend who can go around a U-type on-ramp at 140MPH in the rain no problem but he has the tires, strut bar, and swey bars. and his car goes 180+ it's really fun but you definitly should SLOW DOWN around corners well paved straight aways are safe but know where the corners are or you'll be trying to slow down and then your brakes will start to make you skid and suddenly you'll start to go out of control, don't use your brakes unless you absolutly have to because they can cause you to skid into a roll if you accidenly turn the wheel to much or even at all it's safer to down shift or let the gear that your in slow you down. Their is a chance that all cars will roll, even ones that have all that equipment that I talked about above and even if they are 2" off the ground, because a certain bump at the wrong time can cause alot of problems, so know the roads your driving on and don't try to go faster than what your car can handle, so if you want to go fast it's gonna cost you a little bit of $$$, but it shouldn't break your bank.

Ok i am going to label you a noob for that statment because you just don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Yes suspension is a must and you do require all that to be safe. But not just all that. Ever try to slow down from going 120+ miles an hr? Your rotors will warp soo bad from trying to slow down and you pads will glaze and become usless in a matter of seconds. Most braking is done by the front breaks and your drums will warp aswell. So lets add another 2K to that cost for the Baer rear brake conversion and front big brake upgrade and that should bring us to $2,500. And another 1K for a set of rims larger than 16" to accomodate the larger 12" rotor. So thats bring our total up to $6,500 est. Not to mention if your car decside to crash or your make a bad maneuver lets add in a racing seats and seat belt harness. For a well bult 5 pt racing harness is 300 bucks and a seat by lets say... corbeau is 500. The bracket to mount them to the floor... lets bring this up to 1K. NOw were at $7,500. The structure of the car if you crash will alot just crimple like a tuna can so lets put in the price of a custom build roll cage. $1k.Oh and if you like to drive for a while going that fast imaging all the heat your engine will be putting out and what it would take to cool it off. Lets add in the cost for a performance Radiator and a large water pump. Oh shit there is another 1K.

[size=7=] $9,500 is more like it there bud and that not even touching the surface to attempt this safely!!! [/size]

2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Old 02-26-2005, 10:33 PM   #52
Classicrocjunkie
Lifted GMT-360!

... anyone else feel like trying to prove me and the other mods wrong?

.........end rant.

2010 Glastron GT 205XL
Old 02-26-2005, 11:19 PM   #53
taranaki
Banned

This thread has reached it's maximum stupidity level. It's been funny listening to the wannabees, but it's time to close it before the flaming gets out of hand.Will the boys who know jack shit about performance and handling please stick to watching movies,thanx.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Performance