Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
dinanaylor
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to dinanaylor
Unhappy 1994 rodeo stopped, gears locked?

Help! Driving the past few weeks my Rodeo has been acting like the injectors may be clogged, hesitating alot. Kind of jumping when pressing the gas, if you let up and go at it a little slower it slowly gains its ground again. The check engine light has been popping up for very short intervals about once a month for about 8 months, on & off, but wont stay on and never while Im driving it. And there has been a whining, someone told me its the throw out bearing, the clutch did not ever slip. When pressing the clutch in it gets much quieter, sometimes its really loud. Today I get in and start to work, its acting really funny, the gear shifter is really hard to get into the gear, finally about 2 miles up the road it doesnt change gears anymore, it appears its locked up. You can start it, if the clutch is pressed solid to the floor and nothing else, the shifter will not go into any gear. My husband took the transmission apart, took out the gear shifter, and the gears are locked up. He says maybe its locked in 3rd gear. They just wont budge. Is it my transmission, I have heard everything from my clutch, throw out bearing, to the entire transmission.

Last edited by dinanaylor; 07-07-2004 at 07:22 AM.
dinanaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU