Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 10:00 PM   #1
r34-gts
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to r34-gts
NSX or R34 GTS???

At the moment i have an r34 gts, and im getting a lil bored with it(ive had it for 3 yrs) and i need something more sporty, around the same power and something that looks HOT, so i thought of an nsx.

Should i go with the nsx or stick with the r34???

I DONT want 13 yr old kids telling me nsx cause they look cool, i want truthfull responses from people who know what theyre talkn bout.
Old 12-27-2004, 12:51 AM   #2
wrxfreak123
AF Regular

if you truthfully have a r34 skyline then i want to shake your hand. that is an awsome car to have. granted a nsx is a great car but if your bored of a skyline your not driving it hard enough . anyhow i think you should stay with your r34 for lots of reasons. 1.) the skyling is a beast to build up but it takes some dough to do it. ive seen 1200hp skylines. the one i saw was being dynoded on a video. they had two guys standing on either side of the door opening and it hit so hard it jumped and almost broke the straps to the floor. now that is some tourqe. it already has a twin turbo so open it up!!!!!!! there is so much potential for a skyline engine. the nsx is a great engine but nothing on the rb26. if you want to twin turbo a nsx be prepared to shell out some dough to someone who can. im not bashing the nsx i think that they are great cars but if you get rid of a r34 skyline you need to just check yourself into a mental institution for insanity. im not bashing you i just want you to see my point if anyone has anything else or correct me please do so there is my
Old 12-27-2004, 09:42 PM   #3
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

Re: NSX or R34 GTS???

I'll point out he said GTS. It is not the definitive GTR everyone reads about. If he gets bored of it, it is normal. It is not legendary, like the GTr. The RB26DETT does not come in the GTS. And those 1200hp engines would have to be 100k worth of parts+and RB26 platform.

Of coarse, any skyline is fun. but if you want something more sporty, with looks, I'd say the NSX> Depending on where you live, like, for instance, the US of A, then you hang onto that R34 with your life. You can get plenty of cha ching for it. And thank OBDII for that one. Love to hate it.

The NSX would definitly kill an R34 GTS. The twin turbo is on the RB, so the NSX also has the engine on it's side. Also, the skyline GTS is kinda...not ugly, but not pretty. It's neutral. It'll get you looks, but nothin like an NSX. rememeber, it is actually known here. Even to the Ryce BoiZ. A skyline, is well, a car.

Delling the R34 might not be smart, but if you're lookin for something sporty, maybe the NSX will suit your needs a little better. Sorry to destroy your post mang, I just had to make some of the facts...straighter.

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toksin
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:13 PM   #4
r34-gts
AF Enthusiast

WRXFREAK123
1. wrxfreak123, how old are you???? Doyou know what your talkin bout????
2. I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF NSX YOU HAVE SEEN but ive NEVER senn a turbo one.
3. believe me if youve seen me drive my car you would never ever say im not driving it hard enough.
HIGHOCTANENOSUSER
4. highoctane, Does your profile say your 13??????
5. well...thanks for the coments neway.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #5
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

Indeed it does my friend, indeed it does....

"This is a Renault Espace. Probably the best of the people carriers. Not that that's much to shout about. That's like saying, 'Ooh good, I've got syphilis, the BEST of the Sexually Transmitted Diseases!'" - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
Remember, you're not a loser. You beat two hundred million other sperm to the egg.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
r34-gts
AF Enthusiast

I DONT want 13 yr old kids telling me nsx cause they look cool, i want truthfull responses from people who know what theyre talkn bout.

Thats what i said on my first post and what did i get back?????
A 13 year old kid telling me nsx.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:33 PM   #7
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

I dont know anything engine wise about the skylines but id say if you have the cash to get a skyline then why not swap out for a more powerfull engine. Im sure that will make your car seem like new again. However if you are looking for something different then an nsx would be a great car for you. I have only driven one, once, and i cried when I had to pull it back in my uncles friends driveway. It is a blast to drive it handles like a car out of a video game its crazy! So get one, or hell maybe two so you can let me borrow one!
Old 12-28-2004, 09:13 PM   #8
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: NSX or R34 GTS???

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34-gts

Thats what i said on my first post and what did i get back?????
A 13 year old kid telling me nsx.
I'm sorry, but did my post simply say GET THE NSX!!!!!!! to you?

No. It didn't. I stated facts on both vehicles, and, as you asked, expressed that I thought, that if you were looking for a thrill, then get the NSX over the GTS. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear.

I'm sorry if you don't want a 13 year olds oppinion. So what? Ignore it. If it bothers you that much, leave my post, and let it be for the guy talking about the GTR engines, and 1200 hp RB26DETT...

Leave it, but I'm still talking to WRXFREAK123. There. Sorry for offending you.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2004, 09:59 PM   #9
r34-gts
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivic02
I dont know anything engine wise about the skylines but id say if you have the cash to get a skyline then why not swap out for a more powerfull engine. Im sure that will make your car seem like new again. However if you are looking for something different then an nsx would be a great car for you. I have only driven one, once, and i cried when I had to pull it back in my uncles friends driveway. It is a blast to drive it handles like a car out of a video game its crazy! So get one, or hell maybe two so you can let me borrow one!
Hey why not buy two! Actually i will wats your adress ill come over and we will go drvn! Jks, i wish i could aford 2 i can barely aford one, but if they really do handle like a video game and they do have power when i go for a test drive i will most probably be getting one.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:02 PM   #10
wrxfreak123
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by r34-gts
WRXFREAK123
1. wrxfreak123, how old are you???? Doyou know what your talkin bout????
2. I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF NSX YOU HAVE SEEN but ive NEVER senn a turbo one.
3. believe me if youve seen me drive my car you would never ever say im not driving it hard enough.
HIGHOCTANENOSUSER
4. highoctane, Does your profile say your 13??????
5. well...thanks for the coments neway.
ok dude im 17 and dont get pissed if i was just telling you what i know. yes there are turbo nsx's check out www.cybernationmotorsports.com and shut the hell up. dude honestly get the rabbit out of your ask and just take opinions dont get pissed. this is what they are OPINIONS. if you dont think we know what we are talki9ng about guess what. QUIT ACTING LIKE A BABY AND TAKE AN OPINION. geese you are really lucky to have a skyline and if you want to trade it in for a nsx go for it. either way these cars are fabulous to have. i can get you some performance links if you want some on the nsx. scienceof speed.com does a lot of the nsx performance you should really do your homework if you want a nsx. then decide if you think you should let go of a car like that. either way you will have a great car. sorry if me and highoctane are trying to help. obviously we are the only two people replying to your post. take it as a sign.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #11
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

If you werent in cali id say go test drive a NSX and let me borrow your skyline and we can see which one performs better Also look around and see how much you can get for the skyline, you can probably sell it to some rich kid whos getting his dad to buy him a car for as much as you paid for it.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:29 PM   #12
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

r34.......you dont really sound old enough or seem like the type to own a Skyline....sorry.....rap music.....use of slang such as "neway" etc.....if you do actually have one, thank god you havent crashed it
Old 12-29-2004, 10:39 PM   #13
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

I dont know r34 but in his defense the music that somoene listens to or the slang that they use online doesnt have anything to do with how much money they make (to be able to afford a nice car) or the way they drive. Aight?
Old 12-30-2004, 12:19 AM   #14
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

while that may be true, usually you can tell...
Old 12-30-2004, 12:55 AM   #15
HighOctaneNOSUser
AF Enthusiast

I'm gonna agree w/ both you guys. USually it's true, but sometimes it's not. I've seen guys who are like 25 and typ lik dis....And other guys who are 25 and type like this, normally. It's hard to tell, so I try not to assume that too much...

Quote:

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX