Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #1
jwk316
AF Newbie

98 Galant oil losing problem...

Hello. I have a 98 Mitsu Galant ES and I switched it to synthetic around 106k but the previous owner said it burned oil. I really dont believe its a oil burning problem. I think its a leak from around the oil gasket area(where the oil pan bolts to engine block). It dont leak when it sits still, but when i look at the area it is really black and I tried tightening the bolts for the oil pan and they are pretty tight except for one was stripped(threads). It is barely even sitting there in the hole. So this is what I think the problem is. Is there a way I can fix this besides getting a new gasket and taking the pan off? Like maybe putting it up on a rack and cleaning it really good and JB welding the pan to the block? Thats just an idea. What do you guys think?
jwk316 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk