Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 06:22 AM   #1
johncdh
AF Newbie

Stero swap to Rockford Fosgate

My 04 crew cab came with the standard single disc stereo and I was wondering if the Rockford Fosgate 6 disc unit would fit and plug in without re-wiring. If so, can I then also get the steering wheel control for it from the dealer and will it work. There seems to be a close-out on the steering wheel where the control would go if it came from the factory with the Fosgate unit. Thanks for the help.
johncdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:39 PM   #2
Frontin'
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Frontin'
Re: Stero swap to Rockford Fosgate

check the chassie size on the stock deck and the chassie size on the rockford deck, im taking it since its a 6 disk its not a standard size deck. if it is then u need a dash kit that cost about 20 bucks. wiring is a sinch, the easyest way to do it is but these little connecters (not sure what they are called) but u put em over the wire, snap em down, and they slice the wire but dont cut it, then u plug in another connecter to them. u can get em at ne hardwear store. so just use those and put on on each wire, then put the other connector on the wiring harness of the new deck and then just make the colors/lables, its all labled. its super easy. as for the steering wheel control, if nissan makes it, it will work, i dunno how to wire it, but it shouldnt be that hard. good luck man! hit me back if u have ne questions, i can answer probly answer ne question you have, im great at all types of wiring for ne thing, stereo, lights, etc. you can email me at idadiddy@hotmail.com or reply back here good luck dude, i can probly take pics and get u diagrams too if u need em
Frontin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:07 AM   #3
Vinhtvu2
AF Newbie

Re: Stero swap to Rockford Fosgate

If it's a 6 disc in dash, it's probably a double deck, then it should fit perfectly if you remove the black plastic ciubby hole at the bottom...
Wiring should be a breeze because NIssan actually label all their wires! if not... get a wiring harness at Walmart for $7...

As for the steering control goes... the 01-04 got them... I got stuck with the '00 :-(
I tried to steal the one off my cousin's truck... didn't work... so tough luck with that...
Vinhtvu2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara