Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 10:00 PM   #1
fastback40
AF Newbie

Kenwood single din stereo broke?

I have a KDC-BT278U single din radio in a 69 mustang that played perfectly with some old sony 4 way speakers for years. Recently it sounded like the tweaters were blown....basically like metal rattling. I bought some low end hertz 6x9's but that didn't change and to be honest many reviews had issues with them so I was able to get a better Hertz one's and basically did the same. i did notice that switching from the radio to USB MP3 or BT on the phone music sounded awesome. Very nice bass response! I did replace the antenna and power filters updating the 15yr old ones but that had no affect so I'm leaning to the only thing left which is the deck. As far as i know the firmware hasn't been updated and not sure that would phase it? Anyone got any ideas? I also put a rubber gasket to the speaker mounts hoping to eliminate vibration.
fastback40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 01:29 AM   #2
NathanEddington
AF Newbie

Re: Kenwood single din stereo broke?

I also have another car, which is a Mercedes-Benz E-Class (w211). It is no longer a new car. I wanted to change the car radio in this car in order to be able to connect a phone. I chose a car radio from SMARTY Trend https://smarty-trend.com/mercedes-benz-e-class-w211/4650-mercedes-benz-e-class-w211-2001-2009-android-car-stereo-navigation-in-dash-head-unit.html. I like that this car radio has a bright 9-inch screen, which is perfect even in sunny weather.

Last edited by NathanEddington; 02-02-2023 at 03:33 AM.
NathanEddington is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio