Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 05:17 PM   #1
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

motor tranny,transfer case

I have a 2008 3.0l awd and was wondering if the driveline from a 2010-2012 escape will fit in this unit.mine has pretty high miles and i think it has a transfer case leak motor and trans oil are fine but noticing a oil puddle under vehicle that is clear like motor oil....i guess what i am asking is if the 3.0l with the 6 speed transmission and transfer case will fit without much issue or should i look for a newer model
Old 01-02-2023, 01:45 AM   #2
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: motor tranny,transfer case

since i posted this the car developed what i can only describe is a popping in the intake manifold (like maybe a valve is stuck) i changed the plugs and coils and it was a good think because whoever did the last tune up only did the front 3 plugs changed the motorcraft out with bosch platinum they looked like they were firing ok, i swapped with NGK platinum plugs and noticed that all the coils were cracked on the top really bad so once i got to the rear they were the stock motorcraft plugs and 2 were fine but really worn out the middle one was covered in a white soot from the nut to the top of the plug and coil was burnt white as well but like the front they all had spider web cracks on the top as well got everything changed new plugs and coils and still have the popping sound once warned up kinda like a backfire through the intake so i am guessing that it either has a really bad carbon build up on the valves or i have a burnt or bent valve...seems to drive fine and runs smooth now maybe time to take it to the limit on the highway...
Old 04-24-2023, 02:22 AM   #3
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

Re: motor tranny,transfer case

still have same issues...i have tried just about everything going to see how much to re/re the motor trans and transfer case from a different model.. but when looking around online it says a 3.0L from a 2009-2012 won't fit in my 2008 what changed from 2008 to 2009 that makes a 3.0L not fit in a 3.0L hole

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid