Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 05:39 PM   #1
Mitsubitchi
AF Newbie

2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport having issues. Please help before I put a Jihad on it.

Hello all. Here's my current predicament thats bending me over like I owe it money.
One day I wake up, chipper as fuck, thinking its gonna be a great fay. I got to the gym, get swoll. As I'm leaving the gym I notice my vehicles RPMS get dangerously low and the vehicle feels as if it wants to stall out. I accelerate off the line but theres about a 3 second delay before the RPMS kick up to 3000 and surges forward. It continues to repeat this issue at every stop and redlight. Fuck me.

Codes at this time: P1400 P0442 P0400

I know what youre thinking. Clean the throttle body and IAC, potentially replace altogether.
Me too. Thats why we are geniuses and gentlemen of the utmost caliber.

So I did exactly that. I also replaced a damaged EVAP line and replaced the gas cap. After all of that the vehicle ran fine. I drove it around for a bit, kicked the RPMs up, tried a bunch of different things in neutral, reverse, etc to try and recreate the issue. Nada.

So I'm thinking I'm successful. I clear the codes and the only code coming back at me is the P1400 code. So I'm like "ok I'll look at that later." The next day my girl is driving my vehicle to the store and she says she had an issue described as "slowing down while driving and wouldnt go faster even though I was giving it gas."

So I take it out and repeat the process and dont notice anything but I still have this P1400 code. So my question is:
1) could a P1400 code have anything to do with the symptoms my vehicle is exhibiting
2) if so, where exactly is the MDP sensor so that I can test it
3) what is that process using a multimeter
4) I what point should I realize my limitations and accept defeat

Thanks for your guys times.
Peace out homie.
Mitsubitchi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero