Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Legacy / Liberty / Baja
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 04:17 AM   #1
MStout
AF Regular

LEGACY SUS 2.5 - Would not start, 5 hours later starts cold.

Hey guys, havent been on this forum for ages, and this is my first post as a Subaru owner. This situation is a bit bizarre. The engine has roughly 50k miles on it due to a "new" engine being shipped from Japan with 15k miles on it. Replaced plugs, wires, fuel filter, coil, and installed a K&N air filter around a year ago. Plugs and wires are NGK. I have fuel SYSTEM cleaner in my tank right now and a half tank of gas.

It is about 20 below outside here in MN...but I started my car and let it run 5 or so minutes before slowly driving home on lunch break. No issues at corners, or braking. After lunch, my car simply would not fire, but was turning over like crazy. No check engine, etc. After work, I figure what the hell, expecting my battery to be too weak to give any signs of life anyhow, and it starts up IMMEDIATELY. Idles fine, does not do anything that would worry me the slightest bit. Now this is where it gets a bit weird. Within 15 minutes, the temp climbed to about 35% on the gauge, which is abnormal in this cold of weather...but it soon began to decline back down to normal (roughly 10% temp after 20 minutes).

Does anybody have any insight to this whatsoever? Also, my coolant is fine as far as I can tell. Im no expert, but I have never seen something as ridiculous as this happen. To say the least, I dont trust my car to leave town anymore.

Thanks!
MStout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
somick
AF Enthusiast

Re: LEGACY SUS 2.5 - Would not start, 5 hours later starts cold.

That is a weird one!

Check the fuel pressure. The lines might be clogged.

Good luck,
Sam

somick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #3
MStout
AF Regular

Re: LEGACY SUS 2.5 - Would not start, 5 hours later starts cold.

Well it hasnt happened again since, or even hinted at it. Im crossing my fingers that it was just "passing a stone" or something of the sort. Extremely cold tonight, and it started like a champ without being plugged in! Dont plan on owning anything but a Subaru ever again. Maybe a truck I guess. :}
MStout is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cold , cranking , starting , temperature , turn
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Subaru > Legacy / Liberty / Baja