Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 01:17 AM   #31
Hiroboy
www.hiroboy.com vendor

Send a message via ICQ to Hiroboy Send a message via AIM to Hiroboy Send a message via Yahoo to Hiroboy Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroboy
Re: is modeling sociably acceptable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by primera man
Iused to worry what people thought but not anymore. I really couldn't care less what they think.
Ask them what they do....most probably do nothing and just like to take the piss out of someone else's hobby.

When you get to our age we don't care what other think, I have fun making them, I use it as stress releif. But I must admit it's addictive.
I will say when peolpe see a finished model and you show them say how the PE seat belts were made up they go Christ!!!! and you can see those small bits.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #32
endlesskev86
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to endlesskev86
LMAO
when i read the title of this thread... it isn't like gay marriage or somthing... its a HOBBY!!
Not everyone is going to like it, but on the other hand.. there are other people like us who enjoys it
AF OG Dori crew (member #5)

Altezzas: It only looks good if you have the FULL car, not just the LIGHTS!! grinyes:
endlesskev86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #33
MustangMuscle
AF Newbie

I think the "socially acceptable" problem, as it really is one when one sees the reactions of friends and even family, has its roots in the fact that adults are not willing to admit they have kept an aspiration to playing, be it with a RC car, a video game, or an expensive sports car. Why do you think fathers like to install the toy train in the living room for their son? or the slot car circuit? The reality is that adults need to play, almost the way kids do, and although there are "adult toys", the spirit is always the same.

I believe today's society does not promote freedom in that field, and it is sad to see people restrict their pastime activities to "politically correct" ones, like customizing their car with tons of fake performance parts, ride a motorbike at 150mph on open roads, even playing computer games on a blue-neon-equipped PC... Even when it comes to choose the color of their car, most people now opt for the black-gray-white non-colors. (By the way, my car is red, and I like it. My previous cars were blue and green...next one will be yellow I hope!)

Everyone in this world is free to do what he thinks is acceptable, so if you want that feeling of social rejection to go away, you have to stand proudly for your hobby.

Personally, I prefer to spend $50 on a model car I wish I would have, than spend the actual $40,000 on the real thing just to own it. If your dream is to drive a Ferrari, then do yourself a favor and rent one for a day!
MustangMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote