Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
newt76
AF Newbie

Questions about swapped engines- 5.7 TBI from 90' into my 94'

A couple of questions about my truck hoping someone that knows these engines could answer. My truck runs ok except for the blow by(fixing at a later date). Just had someone swap engines and noticed under the air cleaner there are 3 gray lines that come up from the underneath section of the engine (between the air cleaner and where the plug wires connect to, rotor i think)). There is only 2 connected and third line is cut off. Is this supposed to be connected, or with the difference in years not needed? Was trying to troubleshoot EGR codes since the service engine light was on. What do the 2 gray lines from the lower section of the carb go to? Thanks for any insight.
newt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Re: Questions about swapped engines- 5.7 TBI from 90' into my 94'

Photos?
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:07 PM   #3
newt76
AF Newbie

Re: Questions about swapped engines- 5.7 TBI from 90' into my 94'

The first picture is the 3 lines present. The second pic is the line that's snipped off. After following the lines to underneath section of the engine, they go from a metal material to a rubber line. The metal snipped line from the picture goes to another end that is snipped off.(cut on the rubber side of the line). It was hard to get my camera up in the area, but i can try if it would help). Also, under the engine , coming from the other direction is a rubber line cut coming from the lower part of the engine(like above the oil pan) It is also snipped off. My guess is at some point one of the other lines were replaced and the old one was just left in place but doesn't actually do or go anywhere anymore. So I guess my question is, are there only supposed to be two lines that go into the carb and I am worried for nothing?[/signtext]
newt76 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K