Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
keilerstag
AF Newbie

spark plug analysis

I've been having some problems lately regarding engine hesitation during acceleration with my 1993 3.3l cutlass ciera. while pulling out of my driveway with a cold engine, my car tends to act like it is not getting the proper amount of gas it requires because it sputters and jerks.

i recently replaced the fuel filter just last week and (from what the 'paperclip diagnosis' told me was wrong) my O2 sensor yesterday. so, today i checked cylinder 1's spark plug and it had a deep red hue color to it. now, i'm not an expert on spark plug analysis, but just the site of that doesn't seem right . spark plugs haven't been changed since december and in that time i've driven from upstate new york to new jersey, a couple trips to pennsylvania, and to washington d.c.

any ideas on what else i should check out on my car to see what the problem might be?
keilerstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: spark plug analysis

Todays gasoline additives can cause this, may not have anthing to do with your problem. Many things can cause a cold hesitation, 02 sensor is not one of them as it is inactive during the cold start up. It should have a full scan done for coolant temp sensor readings as well as tps inputs, also fuel pressure should be checked to start with, dirty injectors is another issue here.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
hesitation , plugs , spark
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series