Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Champ Car
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #16
NSX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
hm...i dont really keep track of indy..but GO PLAYERS PLAYLIFE!
carpantier is wicked!

NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 05:23 AM   #17
Hamann
AF Newbie

Of course they should merge.
That would be the best thing to do for both series, which would have a broader audience and become more competitive and exciting. Besides that, I also think they should have a schedule with 20 races, 10 on ovals in the US, 10 races on road circuits.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:46 AM   #18
z33guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to z33guy
i wish they would merge and divide the series up between oval, street and road courses. Have the irl engines but with a higher rev limiter and add more cars to the line up. But Tony George wants to see cart DIE and he will accept nothing less. So we wont see a merger in the near future and nascar will continue to run away with its cash, sponsors, tv deals and whatever else.
z33guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 08:48 PM   #19
fordjay16
AF Enthusiast

IRL and CaRT are both great racing leagues but if they want to survive they must unite to fight nascar. i like nascar 1st but if cart and irl unite i'd like that better. you would have ford and chevy in another series together. btw what ever happened to trac? it was a series cal yarborough was trying to start but i think it just fell apart
fordjay16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:59 AM   #20
gnasha
AF Regular

Actually it seem that they going to separate it even more as it seem that only one oval race will stay next season and they will also remove some european races which is a shame i think as it will reduce the audience. I must admit I discovered CART not so long ago as it is a pain to find it on tv if u don't have cable or sattelite and guess what... loved it. At long last some breath-taking overtaking manouver. At the moment in F1, Montoya is one of the rarest driver to pull out some of those moves we all like to see... hum wonder where he was racing before coming to F1....
gnasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 07:34 AM   #21
z33guy
AF Enthusiast

I hope cart takes this offer for .50 a share and build the series back up. I heard dario might be coming back, but they could lose PT. The people that made the offer to take over the series are great in motorsports so the recipe for good things are there.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:12 PM   #22
Veyron
AF Fanatic

Angry

I don't see a merge, Tony's dream is to make the IRL an open wheel NASCAR success, it isn't going to happen, so in effect he put both series on a slippery slope when he instigated the split. The TV, all other sponsor monies, and audience has beem split between two open wheel series when one open wheel series was already taking a back seat to NASCAR anyway. It's a big mess and there is no easy fix, a merge isn't the answer IMO.

CART has their own mistakes to answer for, I'm not laying it all on Tony, but he set things in motion. Sad.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:56 PM   #23
z33guy
AF Enthusiast

Re: Do you think CART and the IRL should merge back together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron
I don't see a merge, Tony's dream is to make the IRL an open wheel NASCAR success, it isn't going to happen, so in effect he put both series on a slippery slope when he instigated the split. The TV, all other sponsor monies, and audience has beem split between two open wheel series when one open wheel series was already taking a back seat to NASCAR anyway. It's a big mess and there is no easy fix, a merge isn't the answer IMO.

CART has their own mistakes to answer for, I'm not laying it all on Tony, but he set things in motion. Sad.
werd, tony's plan has always been the death of cart. And nascar was doing ok before the split, but open wheel numbers were as good or sometimes better (indy, michigan, long beach). Everyone that didnt like the split suddenly became a jeff gordon or dale sr fan. But your right, cart has made a ton of mistakes, and with the sponsor economy the way it is, i hope that can make it.