Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mountaineer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
Shore momma
AF Newbie

Driver door locked while open now won't unlock

Where to start :-/ bought a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer for my mother. Had only one key and no door code. She went to put the groceries in the house, left the driver door open, came back out and now it locked on her and she cannot close the door. She has been using zip ties to close it. Living in the mountains is not the best for this option! She has had repeated locking problems. After looking online I called and walked her through how to get the door code and she says there isn't any sticker on the box where it is said to be. Please help!!!!!!!!
I apologize for any typos, I'm doing the research from my phone tonight.
I hope the picture comes up correctly. It's of the front driver door open and locked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (296.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Shore momma; 04-05-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Wrong pic
Shore momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: Driver door locked while open now won't unlock

To get the door latch released she should be able to use the unlock button, then pull one either the inside or outside door handle to open the latch. If that doesn't work due to too much gumminess of the grease, she may need to use a screwdriver or similar in the hole portion of the door catch and apply some force toward the opening while someone else pulls the door handle such that the screwdriver helps rotate the latch mechanism. If that's what it takes I'd suggest she clean the great from the latch and apply fresh grease so the next time this happens she won't need to get the screwdriver back out.

Where all has she checked for the 5 digit code? Does she happen to have an owner's manual for the truck? If so, has she checked for a 5-digit code inside the cover of the manual or in the section about the keyless entry keypad? Worst case she can find someone with a professional scan tool and they should be able to pull the code from the Central Security Module.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2003 , issues , locking , mountaineer
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Mountaineer