Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 09:03 AM   #16
LSR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LSR
I acknowledged my mistake about the NSX 1/4 mile time when I said it is 10.8, and not the 12 it does. Sorry
LSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 12:27 PM   #17
Sexy beast
Banned

Re: Think the current NSX is too expensive? Read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C32Bperformance
Sometimes I wonder how other people cant see what the NSX truely is, when they are blinded by the name ferrari and lamborghini.
The NSX is an imitation of a Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Quote:
Honestly, if someone offered me a ferrari enzo for free, i take it in a heartbeat, sell it, and buy a f***ing NSX with the same 650hp (after a nice qball of FI of course), and then buy that house in alaska Ive always wanted... but hey why do we even argue with these people anymore?
You would do that because you're poor. Don't you get it yet?

Quote:
I think the fact that NSX fanatics are so few and far between is a GOOD thing. How often do you see them on the road? and when you do are they modded? and if so how modded are they?
Why is that a GOOD thing? If a lot of people where driving the NSX...you would brag that it was the most popular car in the world.

Quote:
The NSX is the diamond in the rough, and in my humble opinion, it wouldnt be AS valuable if everyone wanted one... thanks, ill take the route less traveled.
The NSX is a cheaply mass produced car for people who can't afford a Ferrari.
Sexy beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #18
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
Re: Re: Think the current NSX is too expensive? Read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
You would do that because you're poor. Don't you get it yet?
So he would rather have a house and a nice car, instead of a really nice car that you can't drive anywhere and no house, because he's poor? Remove your head from your ass please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy beast
The NSX is a cheaply mass produced car for people who can't afford a Ferrari.
Bzzt, wrong. The NSX is made entirely by hand. Independent reviewers have actually said the Ferrari assembly line looks automated in comparison to the NSX line.
LjasonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:08 PM   #19
yellownsx
AF Newbie

The NSX is a cheaply mass produced car for people who can't afford a Ferrari.[/quote]

Very funny.......NSX being Cheap or mass produced. When the NSX first showcased Ferrari didn't have a car that was as fast. The Ferrari is the Cheaper made car, Dispite the price. I'll take my NSX and you drive the Ferrari and we'll go across the country with them. I'm betting the Ferrari spends time in the garage While I just get an oil change ( But that IS the nature of the beast ). NSX owners also own or have owned other cars ( Including the forementioned Ferrari ), In case you didn't know it you do have to have SOME money to own one. A woman I know owns an NSX and her boyfriend just bought a Masarati Spyder. As far as the NSX being mass produced? Whats that you smokin'? (Can I have some? )
One person puts together all the NSX motors, The car is entirely hand built, And every car is Track Tested before it leaves the factory. In order to be among the people on the NSX team you have had to work for Honda for at least 10 years. How many Other cars have Standards like that? (cheap car?????)
yellownsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:57 AM   #20
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

i love the nsx, but for that price, no thanks. the only time i'll think about purchasing a new one will be when im wealthy especially when i t does the 1/4 in the lo 13's. come on now, we're talking a hundred grand here, with that money i can get three awesome cars such as a camaro z28 ss or even better a corvette z06 (which is a 12 sec car for 46 grand) an s2k, a type-r and still have money left over. a used nsx, yes, a new one, im sorry.
tran_nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:10 AM   #21
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DensoSupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran_nsx
i love the nsx, but for that price, no thanks. the only time i'll think about purchasing a new one will be when im wealthy. come on now, we're talking a hundred grand here, with that money i can get three awesome cars such as a camaro z28 ss or even better a corvette z06 (which is a 12 sec car for 46 grand) an s2k, a type-r and still have money left over. a used nsx, yes, a new one, im sorry.
The NSX is an exotic and a track car. You can't compare a true track car to the likes of camaro's and corvette's. I did once read an article comparing the Ferrari F355 and the Zenardi edition NSX. Not only did the NSX out accellerate the F355, but it made a lap time 2.5 seconds better then the ferrari. Were talking about a car made in 1990. Ferrari ain't got shit on Honda. I honestly believe that. Honda's engineers are all top-notch. It's just that honda is in the business of building econo cars and ferrari is in the business of superexotic sports cars. Not only does an NSX out accellerate an F355, but it gets much better gas efficiency with nearly the reliability of a civic. Also, if we compare the price of a new F355 vs. a new NSX, there is plenty of money saved -- enough to bring the NSX down to an 11.0 ET or maybe even better -- all motor.
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.\.................\/..../
DensoSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:07 AM   #22
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

two or three years ago motor trend or road and track did a comparison test of the 9 or 10 best and fastest cars made. guess what, on the track (not dragstrip) the nsx i believe got third, and this wasn't just any ordinary nsx but the zanardi edition nsx. can't quite recall who came in 1st and 2nd, but i believe it was one of the ferrari's and a corvette. they said the nsx handles superbly but what it was missing was what all the other cars had, POWER! the viper got like 5th or 6th because it's handling wasn't the best, but it did get first on the acceleration test on i believe. the cars were driven by a professional race car driver so it wasn't biased, i'll try to find the article and put it on here. i would still get the corvette ,s2k, and type-r over an nsx, no question about it. now i can drive change vehicles every day, wouldn't that be nice? instead of just having it sit in the garage because u don't want to add a lot of miles and worried about accidents and crap, i know this because my uncle has an nsx and he pampers her like a queen, the only time i seen him drive it is when he needs to back it out of his garage. if theres any real nsx owners out there, u know what i'm talking about.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:28 PM   #23
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
the viper got like 5th or 6th because it's handling wasn't the best, but it did get first on the acceleration test on i believe.
If it was with a pro driver, that HAS to be wrong. Believe me when I say that (I hate domestics). Vipers are extremely hard to drive but will pull absolutely wonderfull track times with a good driver. An nsx would still rape the shit out of it if it had another 80whp.

Quote:
the cars were driven by a professional race car driver so it wasn't biased, i'll try to find the article and put it on here. i would still get the corvette ,s2k, and type-r over an nsx, no question about it. now i can drive change vehicles every day, wouldn't that be nice? instead of just having it sit in the garage because u don't want to add a lot of miles and worried about accidents and crap, i know this because my uncle has an nsx and he pampers her like a queen, the only time i seen him drive it is when he needs to back it out of his garage. if theres any real nsx owners out there, u know what i'm talking about.
I fuckin hate people like that. Why spend all that money on a car if you're not gonna drive it? If I bought an NSX, I would deck it the fuck out naturally aspirated and probably get about 400-450whp, run 10's or 11's, get a phat body kit and rims, and last but not least, I would drive the shit out of it.
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
Old 12-30-2003, 07:37 PM   #24
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Quote:
i love the nsx, but for that price, no thanks. the only time i'll think about purchasing a new one will be when im wealthy especially when i t does the 1/4 in the lo 13's. come on now, we're talking a hundred grand here, with that money i can get three awesome cars such as a camaro z28 ss or even better a corvette z06 (which is a 12 sec car for 46 grand) an s2k, a type-r and still have money left over. a used nsx, yes, a new one, im sorry.

Psst! News flash! In case you didn't know it a whole new NSX is comming out. Different motor, Different Trans.....Different CAR! They threw out everything in the current generation car (except the mid-engine) and are re-inventing it. Rumor has it that they are using a 3.5 liter engine but that could change by final production. Still "giving up" on the NSX? SHAME!
Old 12-30-2003, 08:03 PM   #25
yellownsx
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DensoSupra
If it was with a pro driver, that HAS to be wrong. Believe me when I say that (I hate domestics). Vipers are extremely hard to drive but will pull absolutely wonderfull track times with a good driver. An nsx would still rape the shit out of it if it had another 80whp.

I fuckin hate people like that. Why spend all that money on a car if you're not gonna drive it? If I bought an NSX, I would deck it the fuck out naturally aspirated and probably get about 400-450whp, run 10's or 11's, get a phat body kit and rims, and last but not least, I would drive the shit out of it.
WRONG! it Was a Road and Track artical and suprisingly the NSX DID place 3rd. Vipers are SUPER cars in a straight line but they are ZERO on a curved track. They had to slow the car down to do ANYTHING in a curve, This is where an NSX really shines, the car might as well be on rails as far as cornering.
I can show you a track in Wisconsin that a Ferrari, a ZO6, 2 lotus' and an NSX were racing. The 2 lotus' (which where set up for the track) where first around this twisty turny course, The NSX came in next closely followed by the Corvette........The Ferrari was a full lap behind these cars because the brake fluid had gotten so hot that they had to purge it a few laps back. (true story).

One other thought. I live in the North so my NSX is out normally about 7 months a year. I don't take it out on Cold or rainy days. lets face it, Its hard to admire a pretty car if it needs a wash. That said, I still managed to put 7,000 miles on it last year. My goal is it still have that car with 200K miles on it. So, Yes......I drive the $hit out of it!
Old 12-30-2003, 11:50 PM   #26
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownsx
Psst! News flash! In case you didn't know it a whole new NSX is comming out. Different motor, Different Trans.....Different CAR! They threw out everything in the current generation car (except the mid-engine) and are re-inventing it. Rumor has it that they are using a 3.5 liter engine but that could change by final production. Still "giving up" on the NSX? SHAME!
yes i heard about that, i believe its called the hsc or so something simliar to that. i was really excited about after hearing the news, even told a friend who has an nsx but i guess i was behind in the grapevine, he said he heard that rumor like two years ago and was getting tired of the wait. to make a long story short, i was really eager to find out this new model and and did some research. there was rumors it was going to be a v-8 while others said it would have around 400 hp. as it turns out they finally did make a newer model and yes it does look awesome, but still, one major discrepancy is the lack of power. yes it does have some more extra power though not enough to make the other cars run away in shame . honestly, i don't know why they have to change its looks? that thing is beautiful just the way it is, what they do need to do is follow through on those rumors and get a v-8 in there with 400 hp. now this should keep my faith in the nsx.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:03 AM   #27
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
If I bought an NSX, I would deck it the fuck out naturally aspirated and probably get about 400-450whp, run 10's or 11's, get a phat body kit and rims, and last but not least, I would drive the shit out of it.
its not as easy as u think and especially not as cheap. when u go up higher class of cars everything is alot more. one example would be f/i, a turbo kit for my integ would cost around 2500-3500, for an nsx, a kit would easily be around 10,000 and up.

if speed is what people want, it would just be alot easier and more cost effective to swap motors with a civic or crx with a highly built b18b or c and turbo the crap out of it to get 10's and 11's at half the price, even less if done right.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:27 AM   #28
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownsx
I like the current NSX. It's a great car and they can be had for cheap. You can get an early 1990's NSX with about 120k miles for about $20k. A JDM NSX-R C32B rear clip only costs $5,000 at osaka (comes with steering wheel, guagecluster and some other goodies). After that, get some racing seats, Honda emblems, rims, tires, coilovers, bodykit, hood, wing, headers, exhuast, cams, vtec controller (or roller rockers), a port & polsih, some valvetrain components, and a CAI. Also, maybe some weight reduction. After that, you'd have one phat, very fast ride.. For less then the price of a Z06 ( ), I might not have a new car but I'd have a much better [more superior] car.

I think the new HSC was supposed to cost like $130,000. In 10 years, they'll still cost $50,000 and only have 300hp.
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
Old 12-31-2003, 02:32 AM   #29
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Think the current NSX is too expensive? Read this.

Quote:
its not as easy as u think and especially not as cheap. when u go up higher class of cars everything is alot more. one example would be f/i, a turbo kit for my integ would cost around 2500-3500, for an nsx, a kit would easily be around 10,000 and up.

I'm pretty sure there's some kits out there for $8,000. Turbos aren't very popular. Many more people tend to supercharge them for some reason. http://www.factorxengineering.com/ sells their FX500 turbo kit for the c30a for $18,500 (includes shipping of your car) and you get a bulletproof 500rwhp engine (I believe using a t3/t4). That is pricey but they build race engines...
...../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
Old 01-02-2004, 03:12 AM   #30
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Think the current NSX is too expensive? Read this.

Quote:
I like the current NSX. It's a great car and they can be had for cheap. You can get an early 1990's NSX with about 120k miles for about $20k. A JDM NSX-R C32B rear clip only costs $5,000 at osaka (comes with steering wheel, guagecluster and some other goodies). After that, get some racing seats, Honda emblems, rims, tires, coilovers, bodykit, hood, wing, headers, exhuast, cams, vtec controller (or roller rockers), a port & polsih, some valvetrain components, and a CAI. Also, maybe some weight reduction. After that, you'd have one phat, very fast ride.. For less then the price of a Z06 ( ), I might not have a new car but I'd have a much better [more superior] car.

I think the new HSC was supposed to cost like $130,000. In 10 years, they'll still cost $50,000 and only have 300hp.
i believe u are confuse a bit, what u are describing is the usual riced out civic buyers, not an average nsx buyer. the nsx is in another class, people with these cars tend to live very comfortably who isn't worried about modifications so i highly doubt they would go the route u mention at all. think about it, if u were making 100,000+ a year would u want a used highly mileaged exotic sports car or would u want a new or almost new sports car?

also, since the corvette is in discussion, have u seen the new 2004-5 yet? oh man those are freaken awesome!!! they now have the looks, and already the price and the power (400hp) to beat the nsx whether on the track or the strip. now i love the nsx, but honda have got to pull thier heads out of thier a$$!