Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
OlrustysGhost
AF Newbie

77 vette brakes

Here is the brain stumper. New Master Cylinder, I rebuilt the calipers, new Proportioning valve, New rear brake hoses, new rear steel brake lines, brake system fully flushed. (Midas replaced the left rear caliper, I rebuilt the others,) I cannot get the air out of the system. I have Used a hand vaccum pump, and had more air in the system than when I started. SO I bled the system by pumping the brakes. Wht Happens, I can bleed the brakes and get a pedal, now, not a great pedal, it stays a little spongy, But about a half pedal. I drove t the car for about 3 hours through some backroads, and the longer i drove the worse the brakes got. I'm sure there is air back in the system. This has been an on going problem. Any body that has the answer,
PLEASE let me know. I Like the car But I'm getting dang tired of working on the brakes. I want to move on to other things, like restoring the inside.

Dave
Spotsylvania Va
OlrustysGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
OlrustysGhost
AF Newbie

Re: 77 vette brakes

This is a followup on my post. The calipers were getting air in but not leaking fluid. I found out that this was a problem with these Vettes. It was recomended that I replace the calipers with ones that had a stainless steel sleeve. I found them at Auto Zone at a reasonable Price. Now, I have great brakes!! I just wish I had found out sooner.

Dave
Spotsylvania Va.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette