Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #16
JigokuZ
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JigokuZ
Re: Real Z Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by VH45DETTwithNOS
Garraeth, man sweet car, so ya stickin' a 5.7 litre V8 into the sucker........
oh well good work, it will all go well.

Have you tried looking for a L28ET then swapping the Turbo for a Vortech supercharger, then modifing the engine to get a healthy 545hp @ the rear wheels..................... but that's $9,000(USD) spent on a better engine swap.
LMAO... Dude are you kidding. I've been a Z car owner for years... Yet this is a first time I've heard anything about a L28ET pushing 545hp with only a supercharger. I can see why the real Z owner don't post in this thread.

posting in this thread is a waste of time.
JigokuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 03:35 AM   #17
VH45DETTwithNOS
AF Newbie

try looking @ the electromotive 280z that has 600hp from a single turbocharger setup fool....

and that was in 1983.....

it won the GTO series 2 years running

and was driven by road and track...

one last thing your a dick!
Readily - either way it better be
Don't you fuckin' pity me
get up, get off.........

Slipknot - (SIC)
VH45DETTwithNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:02 PM   #18
JigokuZ
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VH45DETTwithNOS
try looking @ the electromotive 280z that has 600hp from a single turbocharger setup fool....

and that was in 1983.....

it won the GTO series 2 years running

and was driven by road and track...

one last thing your a dick!
hold on.... on your first post you said get a L28ET ditch the turbo and get a blower.

and now you're saying a 280Z with a turbocharger... You're talking about two different car!

If getting 500+ hp from a L28ET that easy. Everyone wouldn't need to put V8 in Zs. L series engine is old technology. You're having 2 valves per cyl. Well the Hondas have 4 and with a 10+ compression rate. I'm not saying Hondas are better. I love Z cars. It's in my blood. But it's no supercar. And a stock Z only have 135 Net hp. Despite what the sticker said on your Z. If you don't believe me ask another Z owner that actually know their car.

And I wasn't really trying to be a "dick". I was just telling the truth. What's the point in posting something when people don't know what they're talking about.

*edit* if you don't believe me. Post a thread on hybridZ.org. And see what kind of reaction you'll get.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:23 AM   #19
VH45DETTwithNOS
AF Newbie

oh right even with 25 psi of boost coming from a Centrifugal supercharger will never produce the power of a turbo, and yeah I did say drop the turbo, with a turbo of the same boost you have lag and lag sucks...

Superchargers are not like a roots style blower(ie one with a airram out of the bonnet) of old, you can get ones that work even better the a turbo....try this www.capa.com.au oooh Vortec superchargers mmmmmmm

one other thing did I say it was easy? it took me 1 and 1/2 months to get it running with that much HP and the L28 is a very strong motor, but like all things will need to modify the head, yes you need to drop in forgies, yes you need to install an oil pump, exhausts, intercooler is a good idea, gear box(?).....and you don't think outside the square...
I love your comparing the Z to a honda I mean if you took a honda prelude from 1982(same year as the engine) slapped on a supercharger you will have to do all this plus more...what the fuck does honda got to do with forced induction, I mean S2000 you ooooh 240hp +/- N/A impressive, the you go S15 200SX 246hp +/- turbo'd you stinko, then tune both cars up(modifiy what ever but keep the honda N/A and s15 turbo'd) ok s2000 sit @ about 400hp +/- the nissan SR20DET has been pushed to 710hp mmmm big difference, are they still drivable in every traffic?, or NSX 273hp vs Z32 300ZX 298hp and go oh the Honda is doing that N/A.
so your basically saying cos it's old technology it will not produce anymore than XXXhp? question take a GEN 3 chevy V8(this is 2 valves per cyl., push rod) how come they produce 300kw (400hp) then with a supercharger they can produce 500kw+ oh but it can't do that because a honda got 4 valves pe cyl.
oh another thing

I am a real Z owner, In have owned Z's since I was 14.

I have owned
check this out.... http://www.nz300zx.org/phpBB2/viewto...p?t=9&start=45

yes I live in New zealand and we get lots of japanese cars....nuf said

not mention my brother pretty much build most of the engine using, his knowlege of the L28e(cos until then ever realised that it came out turbo, being not common on NZ roads, um turbo'd 280z's).

and you being a closed minded person(edited my me)
Readily - either way it better be
Don't you fuckin' pity me
get up, get off.........

Slipknot - (SIC)
VH45DETTwithNOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:54 PM   #20
Primo_Primera
AF Newbie

JigokuZ You just got your arse flammed hehehehehe.....
Old 06-25-2004, 08:19 PM   #21
JigokuZ
AF Newbie

It is only flame to a untrained eye.

When I said Honda. I meant current Honda engine. I'm saying current Honda, like the one in a S2000 have 240 hp. And it's only a 4 cylinders and it's stock. While the L series engine only has 1 cam, 2 valves per cylinder, and a low compression rate. L-series engines are old technology. It's limited. I'm not saying it's impossible to get 400+hp but it's very difficult and very costly. That's why people would rather put v8s in Z.

It's funny how you compared a L6 cylinder engine to a V8. And you asked why the V8 has more hp. Well duh it has 2 more cylinders and a bigger displacement.

And I don't know why you post your 300zx for anyways. LIke that's going to help your argument. 300zx is a totally different story from the L28ET. You owning a 300zx is totally different from S30-S130 Zs.

And how exactly am I close minded? I'm saying if you want high number It easier to put v8. Unlike you thinking the L28ET is a RB engine or something.

I will not post in this thread anymore. It's like beating a dead horse. If you want to continue with this argument. Post this in Hybridz.org or Zcar.com and send me a link to it. And I'll resume there.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:41 PM   #22
Athiril
AF Newbie

1) the L28E has more potential than an RB26, the L28E is also a stronger engine, in the sense, it is more resistant to thrasing.

2) The L24E and L28E have 3 valves per cylinder, not 2 as you are suggesting, i have an L24E in my R30, with an R180 diff, it has about 108 RWHP (~155BHP) with a simple mod that cost me nothing (about 9% to 11% increase in top speed in gears), from 100 km/hr (60 mph) in 2nd @ 7000, to 100 (60 mph) in 2nd @ 6000, and 120 km/hr (75 mph) in 2nd @ 7000, the engine in my R30 has done 370,000 kms (223,000 miles), and is stock, has been thrased a hell of a lot.

hmm funny how the 280ZX (1983 non-turbo, there are no 280Z/ZX turbos in Australia or even the L28ET i thnik) which I am getting has more bhp stock than a 2.5 Litre Turbo GTS25t Skyline.
Athiril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 12:32 AM   #23
JigokuZ
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Real Z Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athiril
1) the L28E has more potential than an RB26, the L28E is also a stronger engine, in the sense, it is more resistant to thrasing.

2) The L24E and L28E have 3 valves per cylinder, not 2 as you are suggesting, i have an L24E in my R30, with an R180 diff, it has about 108 RWHP (~155BHP) with a simple mod that cost me nothing (about 9% to 11% increase in top speed in gears), from 100 km/hr (60 mph) in 2nd @ 7000, to 100 (60 mph) in 2nd @ 6000, and 120 km/hr (75 mph) in 2nd @ 7000, the engine in my R30 has done 370,000 kms (223,000 miles), and is stock, has been thrased a hell of a lot.

hmm funny how the 280ZX (1983 non-turbo, there are no 280Z/ZX turbos in Australia or even the L28ET i thnik) which I am getting has more bhp stock than a 2.5 Litre Turbo GTS25t Skyline.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ok... just from your first comment I can tell you're a f-king moron... and you don't know jack about Z cars, let alone cars...

L28E has 2 valves. one intake, on exhaust... don't believe me here's proof... http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techti...ust/index.html

If L28E has more potential than a RB26... R34 Skyline would still have the L28E... don't you think so?

And what the hell is a R30? S30 you mean?

just wondering what is your simple mod? Brain farted in your 3 valve L-engine?

and my last words....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 08-15-2004, 04:04 AM   #24
Athiril
AF Newbie

clearly, you know nothing about cars, not I, you dont even know what an R30 is.

You fail to realise that the new laws were going to come into play as well, tighter emission laws, unleaded fuel etc, all up, you dont know jack.

edit: correction, R30 (L24E), actually has 24 valves, which is 4 valves per cylinder, so the later L28E model should also have 24 valves
Athiril is offline   Reply With Quote