Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #16
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp
Re: Rebuild and Mutation

those are 10.5 to 1 i thought 9.5 ok i retaliate my formal boost comment asnd actually to be terchnichel you must have the inlet air of your intake be the same as the air going in to the intake filtwer and the temp would had toof been exactly 70 degrees and also this all would have to take place at or above sea level
but anyway 10.5 to 1 compression means that you could only run 6.3 psi of boost but remeber that is in a controlled enviroment hope it turns out and you have one bad ass twin turbo 300
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #17
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZ32
nah i know you didnt say it couldnt be done except for viadrift. thats who it was all directed to haha. but yeah i know what youre saying about the ecu and also what about the turbo power box someone was talking about? someone told me without switching the ecu you can get the box which converts it almost and helps manage air and fuel?
Apexi makes an air/fuel controller but it is still wise to have your ECU to do the official air/fuel management and then fine tune it with the Apexi air/fuel controller.

building a 10:5 CR TT motor could essentially be better than building a regular TT in some cases. i bet it would have much better bosot response and an even torquier power band.

if you want to do it right...slap on some TT heads, rebuild the bottom end with forged internals but retain the 10.5:1 CR pistons. then add add the stock turbos. you might have something when its all said and done.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #18
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthZ32
nah i know you didnt say it couldnt be done except for viadrift. thats who it was all directed to haha. but yeah i know what youre saying about the ecu and also what about the turbo power box someone was talking about? someone told me without switching the ecu you can get the box which converts it almost and helps manage air and fuel?

I never said it could not be done... I SAID IT WAS STUPID! I don't and never will condone this Turbo'ing a VG30DE. You could simply buy and swap in a TT or just mod what you got in the engine bay w/o blowing it up.

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
1viadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #19
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

... go to TT.net and tell them your plans....

My 1994 TT Supra For Sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=623105
Old 09-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #20
StealthZ32
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to StealthZ32
nah i dont like TT.net cause a lot of those guys are assholes. not all, but most. its TT or die with them and i dont like talking to people with their head up their ass. I've already talked to a few people working on this with me and they say the same things you do, some different, but they are getting all the parts i need. and instead of spening the 2k or more on a TT engine and then putting the mods on im spending MAYBE a grand and getting it done for free with a lot of free parts. but either way, ill see how it turns out and you can check it out when i post the site. this weekend is port and polish, and some other junk. but as of now the intake manifold is polished and nice, the PS resevoir is a nice Red and so is the the rail in the back of the manifold. TT or not. thank god my car will at least be as close to new as i can get

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
StealthZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:15 PM   #21
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

1via just has boost envy... don't mind him

anyway... building up an engine with a higher comp (even 11D) would be insane with 10 psi of boost... so much low end power, turbo's would spool instantaniously, car would be sideways everwhere... that'd be Great! that's a project that would be cool to undertake to prove to all these low comp worshipping foolio's what can really be done.

just make sure you have a very experienced tuner with you at the dyno
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #22
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: Rebuild and Mutation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
1via just has boost envy... don't mind him

anyway... building up an engine with a higher comp (even 11D) would be insane with 10 psi of boost... so much low end power, turbo's would spool instantaniously, car would be sideways everwhere... that'd be Great! that's a project that would be cool to undertake to prove to all these low comp worshipping foolio's what can really be done.

just make sure you have a very experienced tuner with you at the dyno
like i said DZ...its been done and the car is very impressive. i will try to hunt it down...this was a while ago i read about it. dyno had a text book power band. i think he was running sport 500's also...

needless to say, he spent alot more money getting it to 450rwhp than a TT owner would but that same TT wont be nearly as fast because of the fact that he was making instantaneous boost. fully boosted 10psi by like 3000rpms.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:26 AM   #23
StealthZ32
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to StealthZ32
wow that sounds pretty insane. butlike you said DZ, not only was i thinking of getting some high compression pistons and doing all the port and polishing but when its all put back in im taking it to a good place thats knows how to tune a car and lettin them tune and dyno it

R.I.P 2008
status- stolen by the motherf#@$%! that i knew! haven't seen him since Still have the engine like that does any good
StealthZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #24
1viadrft
AF Fanatic

Whatever floats your boat, man... let us know how it goes.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)