Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #16
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ
Re: New Muffler!!!

yeah... mine's running at 654 watts rms @14.4 volts.. and that's about 65.4% of the sub's total rms power handling.... fancy that, easy math with 1000's.. i tell ya tho... them solobarics are amazing subs
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #17
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: New Muffler!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
yeah... mine's running at 654 watts rms @14.4 volts.. and that's about 65.4% of the sub's total rms power handling.... fancy that, easy math with 1000's.. i tell ya tho... them solobarics are amazing subs
yeah they are but i would buy some other subs before the solobarics if price wasnt a problem. those JL W7's sounds nice when you turn it down and can bump your ass out of the car when you turn it up. there are some others...the whole auidobahn line-up is amazing. those xtant subs are nice too...and then you have the subs that are only popular too extreme SPL contestants. but yeah anyways...the solobarics are nice subs, especially for the price!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 PM   #18
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

yeah, if i were to buy another sub it'd definitely be an audiobahn.. i don't think i've ever buy JL's just because of the prejudice i earned from owning a kicker... but i've heard so many good things about audiobahn... they're pretty expensive... even on ebay... i think i could hook up one or 2 of those dub audio ones... pretty sweet lookin, i'm sure they sound good too...

as a matter of fact... someone want to find me a sub that's around 650-700 watts rms that's got a range of 24- maybe 1000 hz... even 500 would work...
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:19 PM   #19
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

you trying to blow your ears out or what...j/k.

i used to be in to car audio but i started to lose my hearing so i kinda gave it up. now i just want a nice little system, im thinking about buying another pair of the clarion flat faced 12" woofers. those sounded beautiful and they werent nerve racking.

but in my old system i had 2 12" L7's at 2 ohms maxed out...and then 2-12" Comps (the silver faced ones) running at 4 ohms hook up to 3 different amps....1 for each of the solobarics and 1 to run both comp's. all volfenhag amps...i love their amplifiers...

its all about the amp and the box, the subs only accounts for a small piece of sound quality and performance. ie...i had that whole system in recommended box enclosures sizes. well i only hit at 156dB's....so i made the boxes huge...i went back and hit at 164dB's. but i went from a nice tight bass to a long stretched out base notes.

anyways, enough of that. i would go with the alpine type R's. i am pretty sure they make those in the dB's range that you want and carry them those power ranges. and they soudns beautiful.

i got a question for you delerious, have you ever had a problem with your L7 blowing up or blowing your amp up. my buddy has the odler model and he blew his amp up as soon as he put it in there and then turned around and has blown the subs 4 times now with a new amp. i mean, it is all professionally installed...its starting to get on his nerves.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 01-13-2005, 11:38 PM   #20
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

not-a once... had it running at about half power for 3 hours one day when it was about 32 degrees out and it never even came close to overheating... it'd always steam up my window when it was cold out... but that's expected... maybe he never used the proper break-in process when he got the sub rebuilt... or maybe he had the gain cranked? what amp is he using? i use the rockford fosgate 501bd... those older rockfords are freaking bullet proof... awesome amps, and you can get em for an awesome price now.. i'll take a look at those type r's tho... sound pretty good
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 01-14-2005, 12:05 AM   #21
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

well i know the first sub he didnt break in...then the next one i made him break it in and it did the same thing, just not as quick. he's using a MTX amp. its a nice amp that he is using now and it is like 800 max and like 380 RMS...so hes not even coming close to maxing it out. maybe he is getting a surge through his amp or something. i dont know...well this last time it blew he decided he is just gonna buy one of the 2004 models, the guy at the shop is giving him a discount for his problems. the whole car has been rewired 3 times now because the installer guy kept thinking that it was shorting out. i knew it wasnt because i wired the whole car...and im a professional.

anyways, i would also take a look at the new rockford fosgates. i dont think they handle alot of power but if you put them behind that RF amp of yours im sure they will sound like they are pushing alot of watts.

BTW: american pro just came out with a very nice, huge sub to compete with the soloX. this thing weighs like 85lbs. 18" around and handles 7500 watts RMS. you should see the freaking rubber surround on this thing, its 3 1/2" thick. HUGE!!! a nearby audio dealer had one in stock. he only had 2000watts running through it and i thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest...and i was like 15 ft away from it. CRAZY!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 01-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #22
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

yeah... what i'd give to see some of those 20 000 watt 4 solo x vans at work.... christ that would be something amazing... i dunno about your buddy's problem tho... maybe you just hooked em up backwards every time
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 01-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #23
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

ah here we are... this is prettymuch exactly what i'm looking for... doesn't say the freq. range but i'm sure it's 32-500 or something like that... probably end up costing me a solid $300 even if i got it offa ebay.. maybe i'll look into those audiobahn subs again...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...r%20Subwoofers
ZedEx Crew Member #6

Old 01-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #24
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: New Muffler!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleriousZ
ah here we are... this is prettymuch exactly what i'm looking for... doesn't say the freq. range but i'm sure it's 32-500 or something like that... probably end up costing me a solid $300 even if i got it offa ebay.. maybe i'll look into those audiobahn subs again...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...r%20Subwoofers
yep those are the rockford fosgates i was talking about. they sound very nice!!!
ZedEx Crew Member #4

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)