Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
careymd
AF Newbie

Angry scratch repair (parking lot hit and run)

Hi everyone

i had someone in a parking lot back into the front bumper of my 2001 Jetta (black). The bumper is not dented, but the contact has left a grey patch (about 12 inches long by 4 inches high). I am looking for options to try and remove or cover the grey patch.

One of the things i considered was to buy a black wax and use that to just cover the area of the grey patch, I would use my regular wax for the rest of the car.

Its obvious, i dont have a lot of experience in this area, but i am welcome to suggestions.
careymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:24 PM   #2
John Pannebaker
AF Regular

Re: scratch repair (parking lot hit and run)

If it's not custom paint go to the dealer with the paint code and buy a spray can. Start with lite strokes and lite coats maybe let them dry over night. Kleen first with a tac cloth & between coats, after 4or5 coats,(no drips now) if there is an orange peel afect you might want to sand the surfice with 400 grit sand paper, sand in swerls ,if blemises arn't to bad find some rubbing compound as a finishing stroke, rub in swerls also. When you wax it you will find out what kind of job you did. I learned all this by finding a auto paint suply store in the yellow pages and driving my car down there and asking the guy behind the counter to come out and look at my car. very very helpfull.
John Pannebaker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth