Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:01 AM   #16
scaleracecars
AF Enthusiast

Re: Why EVEN BOTHER???????? WHY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflau
I just went today to that diecast car store again.. for those of you who live in nyc. its at 48th and fifth, right next to the bear sterns building. its very much worth a visit.. I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

well.. everytime I go there I was impressed by the quality of the autoart diecast cars and the bbr 1:43 miniatures. they have a lot of stuff that are not so impressive.. such as the hot wheels.. but the autoart 1:18 stuff.. they look so good with their metal drilled disk brakes and their fully carpeted and fully detailed interior that does not at all look plasticy.. beautiful paint job and everything.. I was wonder why I even bother to build my own models.. why even bother.. now-a-days some of these die cast cars are just so good.. Ive never seen anything like them 10 years ago. OK.. so under the hood they might not be as impressived.. I mean I picked up a couple and looked under the chassis and the suspensions are nothing to write home about.. and the engine compartment is not as crisp as tamiya.. but everything visible on the outside just look so darn good.. even got the little buttons on the radio painted perfectly. made me feel kinda sad I'll never achieve that kind of perfection.

and those bbr and mr models.. yes they are expensive ($190 a pop) but they are so perfectly made and perfect paint job and with those photo etched parts.. I can never build anything so small so clean.

why cant I just buy my models like so many other people do... I must be nuts..
Because BBR kits are around $50.00 each and if you build them you can have about three times as many. Then there is the enjoyment of building them. It only takes a few and you get the hang of how bbr designs their models and the best way of building them.
David
http://www.scaleracecars.com
scaleracecars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 05:43 PM   #17
pflau
AF Regular

Re: Re: Why EVEN BOTHER???????? WHY???

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaleracecars
Because BBR kits are around $50.00 each and if you build them you can have about three times as many. Then there is the enjoyment of building them. It only takes a few and you get the hang of how bbr designs their models and the best way of building them.
David
http://www.scaleracecars.com
yeah I know some of them are available in kit form but Im not even gonna try becacuse I just cant deal with parts that small.. I'll get glue all over trying to put on those tiny photo-etched parts.
Fujimi Lamborghini Countach LP500S Enthusiast Model (no end to that!)
pflau is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling