Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 12:59 PM   #1
Okapy
AF Newbie

Angry Heated Seats

Why the Heated Seats turns on only if somebody sits on the seat?

Why I can't just turn on Engine, turn on Heated Seats switch and after 5 minutes sitdown on the already heated seat?
Okapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #2
felixxilef
AF Newbie

"I used to complain about my seats not heating when unoccupied until I met a man whose car didn't even have heated seats."

Funny thing is that my car does it the way you want (no seat occupation necessary for heating), and I wish it did what yours does because I constantly find that the dog (I guess?!) has tripped the heat switch in the passenger seat and the heat stays on for months before I discover it.

The real problem that everyone should be complaining about is why, in the 21st century, they still haven't figured out how to make a car heater that doesn't have to wait 10 minutes to get warm. I mean PLEASE, who gives a crap about a gps navigation system with lights bells and whistles when you're freezing your butt off for the 1st half of the trip.
felixxilef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 10:10 PM   #3
97 I30T
AF Newbie

Re: Heated Seats

Is this something that they changed in later model Infiniti's. I agree with Okapy, the heated seats are useless if you have to sit in a cold seat first anyway. My brother has a Jetta and his seats are nice and toasty when he gets in his car.
97 I30T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:55 AM   #4
felixxilef
AF Newbie

I'm not too sure about this but I've always heard that it's bad for your car to let it just sit and idle for the length of time necessary to warm it up, i.e. 5-10 minutes. On the other hand it sort of seems like if it's 20 below zero it might actually be good for it to get the blood flowing before making it work too hard. Maybe I'll go ask jeeves what he thinks.
felixxilef is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35