Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
ar15
AF Newbie

Question Monte Carlo

so i just recently bought a 78 monte carlo and i want to keep it a sleeper, im not car litterate per say but i do know a few things. the mods were made by my neighboor who was the previous owner. its got a 305 corvette block built from the ground up not sure what year but the engine was built pretty old school and the car drives like a dream. so the only things i really want to mess with is breaks, suspension and a few cosmetics like beautifiying up the engine (IE cleaning up all the greace and replacing hoses) and underneath the car and replacing all the monte carlo emblems with the decepticon symbol and get a grille to match. can anyone tell me if im going about this the right way or am i doing too much? and where can i get the decepticon emblems custom built? or ideas to what else should i do
ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
oldblu65
AF Fanatic

Question Re: Monte Carlo

I don't believe there was ever a 305 in a Corvette , might be wrong but personally have never heard of one . I'm not familiar with the " Deception" emblems and can't offer any help there . You could do a Google search for " Deception Emblems " ( decepticon ? ) and see what hits you get ? There are many brake and suspension upgrades available for this car. There shouldn't be a problem finding those . Again do a Google search for those items. The dress up goodies for the engine also are plentiful and can be found many places ( ie - Summit , Jegs , etc. ) . Go to either web site ( www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com ) and order to your hearts content and your wallets ability . One place that offers various components for the early MC is Honest Charley's Speed shop (www.honestcharley.com) .Pull up their web site and see what they offer that you might want to order . Hope this helps and good luck !

Last edited by oldblu65; 07-09-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spEliN ?
oldblu65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Monte Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblu65 View Post
I don't believe there was ever a 305 in a Corvette , might be wrong but personally have never heard of one .
For the record, the 305 did make an appearance in the 'Vette.
As I recall, back in the late '70's, for a time, the ubiquitous Corvette 350 did not meet the California emissions regulations. Therefore, the 4bbl 305 was a California-only engine in this car, while the 350 was installed in Vettes destined for the other 49 states.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars