Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #16
BNaylor
AF Moderator

Re: Cannot Wait to Buy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubya
Finally got my LaCrosse back to the dealer for alignment check. As I mentioned in my 4/28/05 post here, the car did not handle well at all! Tended to wander a lot, wouldn't track straight on its own and was especially bad in any kind of cross-wind. As usual my dealership experience was not great. Made a 9:30 a.m. appointment the day before and had the car there right on time. Handed the keys to the service advisor and started my wait in the customer lounge. (by the way I did add an oil change to the "to do list" when I talked to the advisor). 10:00 o'clock comes and goes, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30.......finally at noon the service advisor comes in, mumbles something about lunches putting him a little behind, and tells me that the tech says Buick requires that the gas tank be full before a proper alignment can be made to Buick specs. Obviously, no one has looked at the car until now. So off I go to find the closest gas station for a fill up. Then back to the dealer to continue my wait. 12:30, 1:00, 1:30....finally at 2:00 p.m, I hear my name paiged to see the cashier. "That will be $23.95 please" she says. No explaination as to what was done, if anything was wrong with the alignment, sorry for the wait, nothing. Just "please pay for the oil change". I did that, then I asked to see the service manager. "Unfortunately, he had to leave for a family emergency" I was told. I then asked to see whomever was filling in. I related to this fellow all that had happened to me, my four and half hour wait, the empty tank senerio, and how upset I was after making an "appointment" to find that It was really a "first come first serve" situation and I happened to be last that day, lack of any contact with the service advisor to inform me as to what had been done. More appologies, and excuses from this guy. He summed things up by saying that they did find a problem with the alignment and it took quite a while to get it all straightened out. I headed home. In conclusion, they did fix the handling problem. The car steers much better and does much better in the cross-wind. So, what am I to think....a $32,000.00 car that wasn't built right to begin with, and another bad service experience at a Buick dealership. Then GM wonders why their market share keeps dropping. As I have mentioned before, I will definitely be looking at other brands next time around.
Gdubya
Oh no, not again. At least you got it fixed. When my bumper to bumper warranty ran out on my Regal GS I was soooo happy. No more dealing with the dealer. Too much mental anguish.

'08 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP (Dark Slate Metallic) - LS4 5.3L V8
'02 Oldsmobile Alero GL2 - LA1 3400 V6
'99 Buick Regal LS - L36 Series II 3800 V6
'03 Honda CR250R MX - 2 Stroke 250cc
'97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - L67 Series II 3800 V6 Supercharged (Sold)
Timeslip 08/12/06

AF Community Guidelines
BNaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:17 PM   #17
y2kpa2
Village Idiot

Re: Cannot Wait to Buy One

Wonder what flatrater would have to say about that??
y2kpa2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure