Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Sidekick
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
cmoubell

truck or car?

if u take out the back seats you can licence it as a truck for like $500 less in canada..... my friend recently went off roading and drove his off a cliff! hahahah it was scary but pretty funny since he wasn't hurt!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:57 PM   #2
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 98tracker
Re: truck or car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoubell
if u take out the back seats you can licence it as a truck for like $500 less in canada..... my friend recently went off roading and drove his off a cliff! hahahah it was scary but pretty funny since he wasn't hurt!
sidekicks and trackers are not a truck or a car theyre mini suv's
Old 07-22-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
cmoubell

Keep dreaming buddy!!! You wish you had an SUV!! ahhhhhhahhahahahahahaahahahah
Old 07-22-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
cmoubell

ahh I'm just kidding your all right....whatever you want to call a sidekick, they're still sweet to bag through any geographic discremity.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 98tracker
Re: Re: truck or car?

Quote:
ahh I'm just kidding your all right....whatever you want to call a sidekick, they're still sweet to bag through any geographic discremity.
what do u have as a ride?
Old 07-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #6
cmoubell

Oh a few vechicles I mostly drive my '97 VW GTI for everyday driving it my main one, but sometimes I'll drive my truck '86 Dodge Ram, Or if the weather is decent I'll likly be on my kawasaki zx-12, but I mostly just ride that one at the track. Then I got a couple of other motorcycles, mostly that my buddies just use to ride for a day or whatever if we want to go on a trek. But me and my neighbor drove his sidekick off-road until he took it off a cliff!!!! hahaha it was awsome!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
Lucas_Sidekick91
AF Newbie

Re: Re: truck or car?

Quote:
I just got a used one (2dr) for cheap. I haven't been off road with it because i feel like it might trumble and fall. Is it really safe? Just wondering...
Lucas_Sidekick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:04 PM   #8
Chevyman15004X4
AF Newbie

I belive the suzuki sidekick is one of the toughest (but most unsafe) vehicle you can buy expecially for the price. I have a 1990 sidekick. My partents 7 years ago bought if for my first vehicle since it was cheap and wouldn't go fast. I at first thought it was a panzy toy. Well, the first year we had it we took it to the colorado mountians and it done fairly well on the mild off road trails. After we had it for two years, I welded a masive hitch, (about 100 pounds) to it. For 3 stright summers i pulled a 2500 lb tandome axle 16 foot flatbed trailer (usually full of lawn mowers and yard supplies since I mowed about 30 yards a week) everyday. We now take it to the mountians every year and give it hell, (well I do). I have also rolled it, ramped it, filled it with water and about everything else you could name. The only thing we have done to it was replace the body from another sidekick after I rolled it. It is one of the best offraod vehicles you can by stock due to it having the most short and narrow wheelbase there is for a 4X4 (which is also why I rolled it)

I belive the drive train last so long and can with hold so much torture is due to the lack of power. The 1.6 liter 4 cylender engine only puts out around 80 horses so with that much power, you don't put much strain on the rest of the drive line even when you floor it compared to a larger v6 or v8 where you can twist drive shafts, ruin the tranny and so on. And when you have a 5 speed manual transmission, what is there to tear up with 80 ponys.

If asked it it would be classified as a car or truck, Definatly a truck or maby more even a jeep.

Its just like a miniture Jeep. (4X4, Small engine, Removeble top and easy to flip)
Chevyman15004X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
Chevyman15004X4
AF Newbie

I belive the suzuki sidekick is one of the toughest (but most unsafe) vehicle you can buy expecially for the price. I have a 1990 sidekick. My partents 7 years ago bought if for my first vehicle since it was cheap and wouldn't go fast. I at first thought it was a panzy toy. Well, the first year we had it we took it to the colorado mountians and it done fairly well on the mild off road trails. After we had it for two years, I welded a masive hitch, (about 100 pounds) to it. For 3 stright summers i pulled a 2500 lb tandome axle 16 foot flatbed trailer (usually full of lawn mowers and yard supplies since I mowed about 30 yards a week) everyday. We now take it to the mountians every year and give it hell, (well I do). I have also rolled it, ramped it, filled it with water and about everything else you could name. The only thing we have done to it was replace the body from another sidekick after I rolled it. It is one of the best offraod vehicles you can by stock due to it having the most short and narrow wheelbase there is for a 4X4 (which is also why I rolled it)

I belive the drive train last so long and can with hold so much torture is due to the lack of power. The 1.6 liter 4 cylender engine only puts out around 80 horses so with that much power, you don't put much strain on the rest of the drive line even when you floor it compared to a larger v6 or v8 where you can twist drive shafts, ruin the tranny and so on. And when you have a 5 speed manual transmission, what is there to tear up with 80 ponys.

If asked it it would be classified as a car or truck, Definatly a truck or maby more even a jeep.

Its just like a miniture Jeep. (4X4, Small engine, Removeble top and easy to flip)
Chevyman15004X4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Sidekick