Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Sidekick
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

suzuki sidekick engine swap

i would like to know if there is an engine that will fit in a 1995 suzuki sidekick 4dr with as little fabbing as possible and also what engines will mount up to the 93 5 speed i have from a geo tracker. right now my plan is to swap the engine and tranny out of my 93 2dr geo tracker (body rusting away) in to my 95 zuki 4dr. but i think its only the 8v not sure if it ll have the power to move the 4dr i would like to go with a 2.0 but not sure if itll fit. tried searching online but for some reason cant find any info. thanks for the help
blowen head gasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
1995 geo tracker
AF Enthusiast

just drop in a chevy 4.3L , check this site out , they sell everything for a swap http://www.suzukiconversion.com/
1995 geo tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:26 PM   #3
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

Re: suzuki sidekick engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 geo tracker
just drop in a chevy 4.3L , check this site out , they sell everything for a swap http://www.suzukiconversion.com/
not exactly what i was looking for. i was more leaning to going to the salvage yard picking up a motor and/or tranny, com. motor mounts ect.

more of is there anything out there more or less a bolt in

thanks
Old 05-19-2004, 11:04 PM   #4
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 98tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowen head gasket
i would like to know if there is an engine that will fit in a 1995 suzuki sidekick 4dr with as little fabbing as possible and also what engines will mount up to the 93 5 speed i have from a geo tracker. right now my plan is to swap the engine and tranny out of my 93 2dr geo tracker (body rusting away) in to my 95 zuki 4dr. but i think its only the 8v not sure if it ll have the power to move the 4dr i would like to go with a 2.0 but not sure if itll fit. tried searching online but for some reason cant find any info. thanks for the help
try going to www.suzisport.com they sell 1.6l twin cam hybrid engines that are ready to bolt into a sidekick or tracker for $2200-$2500 shipped. they take the twin cam head from a suzuki swift gti and bolt it on to our 1.6l blocks. has about 125-130 hp. actually after buying this u can then go for big hp with turbo, or supercharger, etc. i have heard of putting the turbo for the swift on it and possibly getting around 250-300hp!!
98tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 12:55 PM   #5
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

Re: Re: suzuki sidekick engine swap

Quote:
not exactly what i was looking for. i was more leaning to going to the salvage yard picking up a motor and/or tranny, com. motor mounts ect.

more of is there anything out there more or less a bolt in

thanks
i read somewhere that the pistons were different from the 8v to the 16v. because i thought about just swapping the head too.how bout the hole swift engine. i can get a whole motor right now from a friend of mine who has one rusting out by his shed.

thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 01:10 PM   #6
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: suzuki sidekick engine swap

Quote:
i read somewhere that the pistons were different from the 8v to the 16v. because i thought about just swapping the head too.how bout the hole swift engine. i can get a whole motor right now from a friend of mine who has one rusting out by his shed.

thanks
theres a few more things that u need if u want to do the twin cam conversion yourself like a programable computer, a timing belt from a honda civic vtech motor,or something thats 124 tooth, a angle drive kit for the dist. cause if u noticed the distributor on the swift points straight back from the head and wont fit in the tracker, the angle drive kit puts the distributor in almost the stock tracker postion, a new head gasket for a tracker if u have the 8v it wont work the pistons arent long enough u need the 16v block. so its actually cheaper to buy the twin cammed engine already done u just bolt it in. www.suzisport.com also sells that engine decompressed and ready for turboing for the same price it just needs the turbo. also if your talking about putting the whole swift engine in your tracker...bad idea u would need a trans. and everything, the twin cam conversion uses the bottom end of your existing motor so it uses your existing trans..
Old 05-20-2004, 07:47 PM   #7
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: suzuki sidekick engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tracker
theres a few more things that u need if u want to do the twin cam conversion yourself like a programable computer, a timing belt from a honda civic vtech motor,or something thats 124 tooth, a angle drive kit for the dist. cause if u noticed the distributor on the swift points straight back from the head and wont fit in the tracker, the angle drive kit puts the distributor in almost the stock tracker postion, a new head gasket for a tracker if u have the 8v it wont work the pistons arent long enough u need the 16v block. so its actually cheaper to buy the twin cammed engine already done u just bolt it in. www.suzisport.com also sells that engine decompressed and ready for turboing for the same price it just needs the turbo. also if your talking about putting the whole swift engine in your tracker...bad idea u would need a trans. and everything, the twin cam conversion uses the bottom end of your existing motor so it uses your existing trans..
my tranny and distributor wont work. they are not pretty much the same motor what is diffrent. i havent looked into the swift motor yet.
next ? will the 12v geo storm engine work and will it bolt to my tranny because i have one in the back yard could i use my motor mount tranny and all other componets to make it work just asking

thanks for everyones help
Old 05-20-2004, 07:55 PM   #8
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

now i am wanting to keep this as low budget as possiable. i only paid 250 for the 2dr geo that runs like a top but looks like crap now, didnt when i bought it, and 177 for the 4dr sidekick body that is straight as can be with no motor or tranny but like i said earlier i am consered with the hp issue. the 8v verses the 16v. i want pretty much as close to i can a bolt in. i can go to pull a part here in atlanta and get a 4 cyl for 106 and a 6 cyl for 126

thanks for the help
Old 05-20-2004, 08:30 PM   #9
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
now i am wanting to keep this as low budget as possiable. i only paid 250 for the 2dr geo that runs like a top but looks like crap now, didnt when i bought it, and 177 for the 4dr sidekick body that is straight as can be with no motor or tranny but like i said earlier i am consered with the hp issue. the 8v verses the 16v. i want pretty much as close to i can a bolt in. i can go to pull a part here in atlanta and get a 4 cyl for 106 and a 6 cyl for 126

thanks for the help
how much do u want to spend on an engine swap?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:49 PM   #10
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

well if i can get a whole motor for under 200 thats what i want to spend.but i need to know what else i need for a certain swap whatever i chose to go with thats why i am asking what is easiest.

thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #11
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
well if i can get a whole motor for under 200 thats what i want to spend.but i need to know what else i need for a certain swap whatever i chose to go with thats why i am asking what is easiest.

thanks
did u say that u could get a swift engine?? if u dont buy or use it i want it let me know how much
Old 05-21-2004, 06:56 PM   #12
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

http://www.pullapart.com/

good site really cheap parts and as for the swift engine ill talk to him about it but i think he said it does run but dont run right.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:04 PM   #13
blowen head gasket
AF Newbie

ok i just talked to him. he said he sold the swift a month ago for 400
Old 05-21-2004, 08:28 PM   #14
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Quote: