Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Older Pickups
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:52 AM   #1
akracer64
AF Newbie

87 nissan pick up

hi everyone. i just got an 87 nissan pickup 2wd from a local auction 150$ started good for the first couple of hours but then at the gas station it quit starting, and the battery was dead so i placed jumper cables and it wanted to turn over but couldnt quit turn over so i pushed the car and poped the clutch and its started like a champ untill you turn it off then the battey is dead i tryed swapping batteries from another vehical and i got a little better results as in it would turn over a little more but not enough, im just wondering does this just sound like i need to buy a new battery or something else. also the truck doesnt have a key your start it with a screw driver. im plannning on putting a push buttion starter any ideas on my battery issues? im hopeing its not a major elecrtical problem.
akracer64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #2
Will2
AF Enthusiast

Re: 87 nissan pick up

Get a new battery. I know it's an older pickup. But I would not trust the legality of any thing I bought and had to start with a screw driver. Did it have papers?(Title, pervious registeration).
Will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:20 PM   #3
akracer64
AF Newbie

yea i got the title and registration threw the DMV the auction i got it from was from a wrecking yard and thats why the price was soo cheap, its just a little project to fix up rally around for a while and sell it, thats the way we work here in wasilla alaska as for the starting with a screw driver im fixing that and putting a push buttion starter in for fun.
akracer64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
Will2
AF Enthusiast

Re: 87 nissan pick up

Having the papers is good. I'd still go with the new battery. Or maybe, it's a little cheaper, a battery charger. Other wise it's sounds like you got a pretty good deal. I had an 86.5 that I bought brand new and put 500,000 miles on it. My current hardbody is a 92 with 263,000 on it and still going strong.
Will2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Doug Rodrigues
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Doug Rodrigues
No no no! A truck that old is too old to put anymore money into! Let me save you the hassle and actually you making money in the process. I'll refund your $150 you spent for the truck. You'll also not be spending any more money on it. I'll be over in 5 minutes. Please have the title ready.
Doug Rodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #6
shawn_carter69
AF Regular

yeah i would try the battery as well, but it might not hurt to have the alternator tested. i mean it could be the battery isnt holding the charge, or i could be the alternator isnt charging it... good luck

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Older Pickups