Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 10:54 PM   #16
Lude-driver
AF Newbie

forget the honda stuff...get this youll stomp!

if youve got a 40k limit like has been mentioned before toss in a couple extra dollars and grab one of these bad babies: 1996-1998 supra twin turbo limited edition 6 speed targa top

most have about $20k already under the hood, not hard to find ones already running 400-600 horses(or more!!) for the same price

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdeta...&car_year=1998

check em out on auto trader, lots there
Lude-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #17
nofx627
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to nofx627
NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GT-R
nofx627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:32 PM   #18
CustomWhips
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to CustomWhips
hm

spoon is out. you gotta rebuild the engine to change the oil.. fun fun...
so how bout vtec civic or type R hatch civic..
you dont realy want the s2000 so get the acura..
i love acuras. mostlly the new rsx.. dropped with phat wheels tinted windows. spoiler. and you will be ridden clean.
CustomWhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 11:15 AM   #19
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Spoon motors are great if thats all the faster you wanna be, plus their built for twentyfour hour racing, so you can rag that thing so hard that the chassis needs an overhaul before the motor will.

ITR is a great vehicle, and I heard alot of people mention its great balance from factory being a problem when tuning, which is true, but its no more balanced if it even is as balanced as an s2k. I donot believe this to be a contributing factor in your choice, anyways. By tuning the ITR, you havent wasted your money like people believe you have and think you should have just got a GSR, because you have a motor that is very sturdy at 8500 rpms, and those extra revs equate to about 25 or more hp evenin stock trim, then you tune and those 8k plus revs will bring you the gold my friend. The main problem that both the spoon civic and ITR face is the problems of front wheel drive. At the drags, wheel hop is your worst enemy, and thats happily something that the s2k doesnot suffer from.

This is the main reason hondas are poor off the line, not because of a lack of torque. Its all where you dump the clutch and if it can bite that power or not. I doubt the s2k would have trouble scortching the sixty foot in any more than 2 and a quarter, if even that long.

The RSX-S is a good choice, (I would say better than a 98 ITR) because like somebody in here already said its got the 6 speed gear box, and the K20 motor's torque curve is much smoother thanks to the continuous vairable timing honda tagged on the intake cam.

I would say get an s2k. Not only is it rear drive, but its 240hp, no headacks. You dont have to upgrade the cams... then find new springs... then a new computer... then maybe youve got the desired power you were looking for. No you start at 205hp on the ground back there. Its just so much easier with that car.

The supra would not be a bad choice if it was still new, instead your buying repair bills and tuning rag with your vehicle (which your probably going to run into with an ITR aswell). BTW you dont need nearly as much power as the supra makes to be as fast in an s2k. (In fact the supra is only a couple tenths quicker in the quarter with the same driver in both stock trim). The s2k is over 500lbs lighter. Last I checked the s2k weighed in a 2800lbs, and the supra 3500, which would actually be about 700lbs. Anyways its besides the point, and im not trying to bash the supra, its one of the best sport cars you can buy, but when its used, like all cars, you got problems.

I would definitely say, get an s2k.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:21 AM   #20
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Oh and BTW, nofx627, your either a comedian, or pretty ignorant.

The last time i checked, R34s ran you 90k over in the states.
Besides, a skyline is a waste of money in the states, there arent hardly any tuning shops for them to hit those big power numbers, and if you get a skyline and dont push for the big power numbers, then you Definitely wasted $90k. There are plenty of cars over here much faster for nearly half that cost. Anybody for a Z06?
Old 09-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #21
Nick666
AF Newbie

The ITR has a good potential for modifications. The chassis is very strong, the handling is very good.

The ITR handling is the best in its category. Add 18'' and you will get a handling that is comparable to any car of the year that cost under 50000$ stock.

To add power, I'd go for a supercharger. That will give you about 250 HP.

I own a modified type R which has about 225 HP. I've beaten 2 S-2000. Mustang GTs, etc..

The integra also has the advantage to have 4 seats. And you can drive it throughout the year.

There are many modified integras out there. I'm sure you can get an ITR with 17''s or 18''s if you search a little bit. That will save you some money. You'll just have to add a supercharger. That's it that's all.
Nick666 is offline   Reply With Quote