Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 05:13 PM   #1
rrvisual
AF Newbie

Angry 2004 Quest Paint Peeling

We purchased a new 2004 Quest in October of 2003. In June we noticed the paint on the inside door jam, pillar, and strike area on the passenger side door is peeling away in sheets as large at 4 inches wide. Nissan looked at the vehicle and said that it is not covered under warranty and there is no way that it was re-painted at the factory. We have had a local body shop dispute that with confidence. Does anyone have a suggestion on who we should talk to. The dealer says they have absolutely no responsibility to help us. We are very disappointed in Nissan.......
rrvisual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
councillor
AF Newbie

I'm real surprised that your Dealer wouldn't fix that even if the Factory didn't step-up to the plate........they all have PR money set aside for this kind of stuff.

I had the top of drivers side sliding door paint peeling but my van is a 2000 quest and can't expect them to do squat....bummer!!

I think the MFG. should really jump on any paint problems ASAP but my vote doesn't mean crap :-(
councillor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
newm5
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 Quest Paint Peeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrvisual
We purchased a new 2004 Quest in October of 2003. In June we noticed the paint on the inside door jam, pillar, and strike area on the passenger side door is peeling away in sheets as large at 4 inches wide. Nissan looked at the vehicle and said that it is not covered under warranty and there is no way that it was re-painted at the factory. We have had a local body shop dispute that with confidence. Does anyone have a suggestion on who we should talk to. The dealer says they have absolutely no responsibility to help us. We are very disappointed in Nissan.......
any idea what's causing this to happened in the first place? if you believe it happened because nissan did a poor job in quality control in manufacturing floor, you may consider calling nissan USA and try to get them to fix it.
newm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:32 PM   #4
chubbybubba1
AF Regular

This isn't a dealer problem, this is a NISSAN problem. The dealer should though be working for you with NISSAN to repaint the pillars under the paint warranty as described in your warranty booklet included with your owners manual. Have them have the NISSAN rep. in your area schedule to look at the problem with you there. Don't let up on this issue. Warranty problems are figured into the sale price of the vehicle anyway. Get your moneys worth.
chubbybubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #5
rrvisual
AF Newbie

Nissan is now re-painting the pillar and door area. We had to go to the BBB and follow the process. We went clear through arbitration and the judge sided with us. He felt that the problem must have occured during the manufacturing process. It was a fight, however we did prevail.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #6
mwebber78
AF Newbie

Dare I ask what color it was? I know paint problems are often specific to the color. I have a silver mist colored van.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #7
rrvisual
AF Newbie

Paint Color

It is a dark charcoal color.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena