Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 03:49 PM   #16
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

i think that hsc will have alot more horsepower but still not enough torque
Z06nutSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 12:35 AM   #17
gtpguy
AF Newbie

Re: honda and gm

when i worked for GM powertrain, GM and honda traded engines n transmissions. GM used honda's 3.5L v6 and they sold honda some transmissions......
infact, i was surprised to find out that GM (harrison) sells transmissions to rolls royce, and for high end BMW's

saturns. are basically a result of the combined effort of toyota n GM. they are very diff from the traditional GM car coz of the manufacturing techniques. infact, saturn assembly lines look very diff from those of GM

gtp guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92acuraattack
Okay: yes Honda and Gm are in together

what are they doing:

honda 260 hp v6 (with its tranny and all other goodies) = the motor in the new red line vue

they are for sale now- and yup the red line has the option of fwd and awd with the v6 (correct if im wrong) however all are auto

and yes even though its pretty much an suv it still can kick most stock cars asses in the 1/4

my bro works at saturn and he says the sales guys all tell the customers that the engine is made by honda- its a good selling point go figure
ohh yea and its funny cus the saturn dealership gets the oil filters for the v6 in a honda box but with saturn wrapping

ohh yea and GM is partnered with subaru now too...I think GM is trying to take over the world
gtpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 05:19 PM   #18
Z06nutSS
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: honda and gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpguy
when i worked for GM powertrain, GM and honda traded engines n transmissions. GM used honda's 3.5L v6 and they sold honda some transmissions......
infact, i was surprised to find out that GM (harrison) sells transmissions to rolls royce, and for high end BMW's

saturns. are basically a result of the combined effort of toyota n GM. they are very diff from the traditional GM car coz of the manufacturing techniques. infact, saturn assembly lines look very diff from those of GM

gtp guy
Wow so GM and BMW/Rolls Royce, thats cool, and people always put down GM, that pisses me off, any other companies like VW Group
Z06nutSS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > General Discussion