Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:40 PM   #16
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13
Re: The effect of F+F3 on the 240sx

i was thinking the same chuki
Old 04-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #17
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

i'm selling my car because i know i can get a coupe for $1000 and sell my hatch for $6000... add that on to the $15,000 i'll be making this summer and you got a good 240. not tryin to jinx myself but whatever. i'll do what i can. the prices will definitely increase but only on the ones with good bodies and frames. also, the prices of the sr, rb and ca will increase, so if you have one and you're getting rid of it, WAIT TILL THE MOVIE COMES OUT. *COUGH DARIN COUGH* *COUGH* *COUGH WAIT COUGH*

i've already got my extra ka which will be worked on over the summer, along with the body of my current hatch, which i just put a down payment on!!

NO MORE RUST

anyways its time to go to the bar.. GO SENS GO (for anybody who is following the playoffs - ottawa beat john tortarella and his fucking flaming lightning..) TIME TO CELEBRATE!! SENS ARE BRINGIN THE CUP HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
Old 04-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #18
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

im keeping my fucked up sr and rebuilding the shell will be going to a friend im pretty sure and ill sell the front end for like 1k
Old 04-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #19
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

i know ill have a nice amount invested......and the needle wont stop at 110 nor will the car.......and i would never sell it. Fast is fast.....it can never get out dated. Iv heard tv shows on speed and shit, talk about how the 240 is the "57 chevy" of our time. popular and somewhat rare car of our time.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:09 AM   #20
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Skylindrftr

lol the 57 chevy or our time..........right.............
Old 04-30-2006, 01:42 AM   #21
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

uhhh what showsaid that? weird
Old 04-30-2006, 02:24 AM   #22
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
i know ill have a nice amount invested......and the needle wont stop at 110 nor will the car.......and i would never sell it. Fast is fast.....it can never get out dated. Iv heard tv shows on speed and shit, talk about how the 240 is the "57 chevy" of our time. popular and somewhat rare car of our time.
I'm speaking from the standpoint of a car designed to be fast. The gas mileage.... back in 92, they weren't as concerned about fuel mileage as they are now? I dunno. The 240sx has served it's duty to me, getting me back and forth to college. It does have a lot of potential. But I'm really better off getting a newer car more suited to my purpose. You're all making me feel guilty!!

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Old 04-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #23
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

I'm sure your Camaro will get great gas mileage........

ANyways, who cares, what happens will happen and it's not by discussing it that it will make ricers go away. But I agree with chuki, most people don't want to rice otu their 240s, but they don't know anythign abotu cars so they end up with 17x7 rims and Groutn Control coilovers, not because they are ricers, but becuase they are new to actual sports cars.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 05-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #24
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSlideStar
I'm sure your Camaro will get great gas mileage........

ANyways, who cares, what happens will happen and it's not by discussing it that it will make ricers go away. But I agree with chuki, most people don't want to rice otu their 240s, but they don't know anythign abotu cars so they end up with 17x7 rims and Groutn Control coilovers, not because they are ricers, but becuase they are new to actual sports cars.
I'm not here to start a war, especially because I like the 240. But for the last time, it's not the greatest car in the world. Yeah I know some guys will dispute this statement but I don't want this thread locked because I blew a gasket.

I'm starting to fear this, EVEN NEWBIER DRIFTING CRAZE because i've watched some amateur drift videos and I can't frickin believe they're doing all of this on public streets. They're too reckless and newbs with cars are REALLY gonna put lives at risk.

I can't fully agree with you about the performance oriented type in drifting because depending on the *coughcough* 'content' of previous F+F films, kids will believe they can do just about anything in a ricer. We've seen very bad drag racing attempts in the past, imagine a VERY BAD drift.

I hope I sell my car to someone who knows what they're doing.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #25
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

fuck the F&F. people keep saying "stop your bitching". But a few months ago this ricer guy was talking to a friend and was like "your VTEC doesnt boost and throw you back in the seat like mine does". A couple days ago i saw this bitch ricer talking about how he likes 240's so much when i was hanging with a friend who has an SR. Every honda owner is going out to buy S chassis because they automatically think they can drift. Everytime friends and i roll up to any car meet, we get the usual "hey are you guys drifters?" from all the damn ricers. Just because you have an S chassis, doesnt automatically make you a hardcore JdM drifter. IDK, maybe im just ranting against all the rice, but i hate seeing honda owners going out to buy 240's.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 05-03-2006, 03:00 AM   #26
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_N_Run-player
fuck the F&F. people keep saying "stop your bitching". But a few months ago this ricer guy was talking to a friend and was like "your VTEC doesnt boost and throw you back in the seat like mine does". A couple days ago i saw this bitch ricer talking about how he likes 240's so much when i was hanging with a friend who has an SR. Every honda owner is going out to buy S chassis because they automatically think they can drift. Everytime friends and i roll up to any car meet, we get the usual "hey are you guys drifters?" from all the damn ricers. Just because you have an S chassis, doesnt automatically make you a hardcore JdM drifter. IDK, maybe im just ranting against all the rice, but i hate seeing honda owners going out to buy 240's.
I don't know about drifting but I've become a better driver, and in some eyes, a worse driver. But you're absolutely right, you gotta know what you're doing and the consequences of it but the idiots probably won't care about all of that. This is gonna be fun to watch.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #27
1_revin_Silvia
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 1_revin_Silvia Send a message via MSN to 1_revin_Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayzS13
i think im going to sit out side the theater and walk w/ the crowds when the movie (f+f3) is over and see how many people say "man im going to learn how to drift now" of soemthing to that affect. then i can punch them in the face. and when i get arrested i will claim that im just trying to save lives
lmfao sheer genius!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:30 PM   #28
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

today i saw a black girl drive a s13 coupe w. some 17x7 "blingin" rims i wanted someone to either shoot me for witnessing this or shoot her or both. i felt bad to bad i wasnt able to pull her over and offer her 1k on the spot cash cause i would have if i could
Old 05-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #29
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylindrftr
lol the 57 chevy or our time..........right.............

i cant remember where. But they were saying how the 240 kind of followed the 57's footsteps of that time. Like they werent really in that high of demand at the time, but later on they became "cool" and well now almost everyone has heard of a 57 chevy for sure. Thats what i was trying to get across.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:23 PM   #30
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

i hope f and f flops. in few years im gonna sell my coupe (drifting is already huge in newzealand so i doubt f and f will do much over here) and move back to NY, and buy a hatch. im gonna be super pissed if i have to spend more than 1k for a fucked-powertrain-beater that just doesnt have rust. anyways, im off to go flush $900 down that could have been saved for adjustables but will be spent on kyb's and king's. l a m e

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX