Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 09:46 PM   #16
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Re: 240sx with small block v8?

What?

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 09-13-2005, 10:11 PM   #17
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide

I think you forgot to photoshop it before you posted...

Oh yeah...this is for future use if you ever get Stallowned your welcome my services are free...could have made the picture perfect but...only spent 3 minutes on it.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #18
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 240sx with small block v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20DETpower
srry dude the 5.6 titan is no LS-1.

plus there aren't many engine mods for the vk56de or whatever they call it. Name two companies that sell a performance intake manifold for it... how about headers? or heads... or cams...

not to mention u gotta buy 4 cams, 32 valve springs, 32 retainers.. hopefully u get the point. The LS-1 really is a refined machine, its been in the making for 50 years, u can't say that about the VK56.

Also... whoever said any RB swap would toast a LS-1... I would bet money your wrong

Im going to go with stock for stock, a LS-1 will beat any RB engine u put in a 240sx. Plus ti is probably lighter, I think the RB swap adds some weight to the S chassis, as its an iron block. Plus it pushes the front of the engine out further, along with the timing chain, water pump, altenator, power steering pump.... thats a lot of weight to get moved.

ahahahhahahaha really you think this makes sense? how about the fact that ls1 and all its 50 years of glory is still so shitty an aftermarket manifold will get that much hp gain? even if they made all those parts for the vk there would be no point. the stock intake manifold is hardly a serious restriction. and adding cams, valvesprings/valves, headers, ect would be pointless anyways. add 3 inch exhaust, and add a blower, and watch the ls1 in your rear view.

finding an engine where bolt ons free up that much hp means the engine has a half decent design but was made using super shitty parts. 50 years my ass you think they could figure out how to make a decent manifold.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:59 PM   #19
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

What you really need is an LS-7
Old 09-14-2005, 09:42 AM   #20
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

I think alot of us here are, in fact, uneducated about GM engine, but you kno wwhy? BECAUSE WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!! We like 4 cyl turboed engine!!

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 09-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #21
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 240sx with small block v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20DETpower
I used to too...

then i got schooled by a 750rwhp ls-1 thats a daily driver
Well that's great for you, but your sounding like a cult leader, it's like you had an epiphany and now your trying to cram it down all of our throats.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 09-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #22
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 240sx with small block v8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways...

finding an engine where bolt ons free up that much hp means the engine has a half decent design but was made using super shitty parts. 50 years my ass you think they could figure out how to make a decent manifold.

if you actually read what i wrote

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:56 AM   #23
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Start a crusade against me? What the fuck does that even mean? And even if I shut up, I'll still have to look at all your pro V8 bullshit in every thread on this forum so why would I? That doesn't make any sense either. You should have said something like "If you don't wanna hear it, don't pay any attention to it." That would have made more sense. And how is it that because I tell you to stop telling us all how great V8s are, it makes me a girlscout?

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 09-14-2005, 04:29 PM   #24
orestes
AF Fanatic

yeah wtf. only a small portion of us here are really into drag racing, and even then they just want their daily driver car to take to the track. nobody is shooting for 750 hp. nobody is trying to break into the 10's. we like the engines our cars came with, we dont want to drive the same fucking engines our dads did (and grandpa's too probably). if i never heard a god damn thing about chevy anything ever again i would be the happiest person ever. chevy can go suck a dick i will never buy anything from them. you are not going to win anyone over.

and also if you are on v8's nuts this much you are a tool for not being so your whole life and just getting switced over by some guy with a drag motor (i dont care if he drives it daily). i have respect for people that have grown up driving supercharged corvettes and whatnot that their dads had working on them etc. since like 8 years old, but you are like, NOOOO YOU MUST ALL CONVERT TO GM THEY ARE THE BEST I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

stop polluting our nissan forum

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
Old 09-14-2005, 04:40 PM   #25
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide
Ok...

Heres an agreement that all of the people who enter the 240SX forum must agree to...no typing the following "V8" or "LS-1" or "LS1"..Its like saying cookie around a young kid...the kid will not shut up about the cookie until he gets one. This also applies to SR20DETPower if the previous mentioned letters in ""'s are mentioned he must ramble and defend himself for the LS1....Yes, we understand you were "shown the light" now please do not try to show any of us the light as far as I know none of us really want to see this "light". I understand talking about the LS1 is 100% acceptable in this thread it just seems at least 1 in 5 threads have LS1 talk in a Nissan forum. Not saying that opinions or arguements shouldnt be accepted.

Crusade is like a Christian waged war. Usually down with armies and not a single person.

Get a 700whp SR20 and then show him whats up with half the cylinders and almost 3 times as less Displacement.

Thats the part I love...
Old 09-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #26
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

I know what a crusdae is, I was asking him how it applied in this situation. I dunno about everyone else, but I'm not saying the LS1 is not good and I'm not saying you can daily drive a 750hp SR, what I'm saying is that I DON'T CARE!!!! I don't want a 750hp engine, V8 or I4. I just want a KA-T (or even maybe SR) with enough power to have a little fun.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 09-15-2005, 12:49 AM   #27
orestes
AF Fanatic

show me a 700 whp american anything that is daily driven in japan.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:27 AM   #28
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, but normal japanese people don't buy them cause they pay taxes on the size of the engine.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
Old 09-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #29
orestes
AF Fanatic

ok a viper is not 700 hp. i know there are american cars there but honestly how many military guys over there have 700 hp cars?

Old 09-15-2005, 03:56 PM   #30
R.W.240
Banned

Uhh WTF?

"dude i've seen what a q45 motor looks like, it isn't pretty... wait til you have to fix the timing chain on it LOL, compare that to a LS1 and the power output... "

Compare the timing chain of an VK45 to a LS1s power output? nice argument champ.

"I also highly doubt a stock SR swap into a 240sx is running a 13.4 with his only mods being a clutch and a radiator.... dude that is insanity."

uhh if it weighs 2500lbs which is possible and has an S15 SR thats very easy... 10:1 Power to weight usually equals mid 13 passes.

"I-H-E on a LS-1 should put you around 350rwhp, thats a stock motor with no mods in it....... reliable as shit. Sorry, no nissan motor offers that."

R34 RB26s do 330whp stock... thats about 400crank HP... from a 2.6... and last I checked they last forever with 500whp.
"srry dude the 5.6 titan is no LS-1.

plus there aren't many engine mods for the vk56de or whatever they call it. Name two companies that sell a performance intake manifold for it... how about headers? or heads... or cams...

not to mention u gotta buy 4 cams, 32 valve springs, 32 retainers.. hopefully u get the point. The LS-1 really is a refined machine, its been in the making for 50 years, u can't say that about the VK56."

yeah... thats because the VK56 came out a year ago the LS design has been around for ages... AEM intake makes 20whp.... hrrmm that puts the VK56 right into Stock LS HP and owns any LS Torque number and oh yeah... its tuned for 87 ... your pretty quick to point out output everywhere else? I guess we know why you didnt here

"its got more Horsepower and torque then any production nissan engine, besides the VK35dett? is it called? in the R390, plus it is lighter then the RB's"

Uhhh once agian R34 RB26 does 330whp... also the R390 is not a VQ or VK by any means.

''to try to bring me down or I will start a crusade against you"
Uhhh... yeah...

CLIFF NOTES: Quit trying to lay the beat down becuase you suck at it. this is what I meant by misinformation. Stop using the stallowned smiley becuase the only person getting stallowned here is you.

also, WTF is with all this pro LS1 anti Nissan bullshit doing in the nissan forum? go blow some dude with a "OMGZorz 700WHP SR20owning LSJUAN GARRR" since you fuckin love him so much.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX