Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #106
sRscooby
AF Enthusiast

i'm listening to in flames
sRscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:34 PM   #107
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player
Re: should i put beat in my car?

IMO, rap sucks. Orestes, areyou white? i sure hope not...and as a matter of fact, im sitting at home listening to rammstein right now=rock....xevenskyline, nothing on you though about rap, because your not baggin on rock..

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #108
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

and to be on topic, the whole idea about having "slap" and "gigging" in my car, i would go home and listen to music if i want that..The car is there to drive, not bounce around with 14" subs making everyone around you annoyed by the music...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #109
orestes
AF Fanatic

yeah im white but who gives a fuck why does that matter. i have black friends, asian friends, mexican friends, white friends, middle eastern friends, pacific islander friends, i really dont care. i dont judge people based on their race. except for canadians...jk

and yes, for hardcore drifting or racing, i think having a sound system is not a good idea. but for driving around with your friends and having a good time, i love driving while listening to my favorite music, really really loud.
and i dont know if you have noticed this or not, but bitches love beat. they dont care what size injectors you are running or how fancy your turbo setup is, if the car has nice paint and nice sound, they like it. so im down with that.

and i wasnt trying to bag on rock, i was raised on rock like led zep, doors, jackson browne, fleetwood mac, steve miller band, zz top. that music will always be special to me, its just not what i listen to most of the time. except for tool, tool is just crazy. i was never really that into them until i got the opportunity to go to one of their shows on LOTS of drugs(it was the Lateralus tour), ever since then i have been a huge fan. they are basically the most original and creative group of musicians EVER i think, i love it. whens their next album coming out anyways?

and i even OWN an in flames album...how about that? well its a burned copy lol but i still have it. when i played drums i was pretty into metal, i liked them a lot.

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 08:20 PM   #110
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I love Tool because of the extremely technical drumming of Danny Carey. He is by far the best drummer I have ever heard. Tool IMO is perfect music. Each instrument is niether overexpressed or underexpressed. The lyrics are as well though out as the music. They switch time in the middle of a song. Ever listen to the song Lateralus and wonder why its hard to mosh to? Thats because each measure in the chorus is a different lenght. The music gives me a feeling that no other music can. Just like driving fast. It gives me goosebumps. They take more time on one album than most bands last. And it shows. The guitar parts are stellar. Especially on Aenima. There is so much distortion and effects on the guitar parts, nobody but the creator(Adam Jones) could possibly play it the same. Bass guitarist James Chancellor is heard but cannot be heard. It is the perfect blend of bass. Just enough to make the song sound serene, but not overpowering. He truly does what I cannot say I have ever heard in any other band. And Maynard sums it up with vocalization that matches the band perfectly. Tool is perfect music.

I have been playing drums for about 8 years and I can only play bits and pieces of Tool. I get one part and then he does some crazy fill and comes back in with something completely different. Sometimes in different time. And he always does something with the hi-hat. And manages to throw the double bass in. Words can't describe what Danny Carey does.

http://toolshed.down.net/news/

Thats all I know about the next album.

And I don't know about any of you guys, but I really like the sound of a drumline. Marching snares kick ass.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 12:00 AM   #111
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23

No, I don't listen to Celine Dion, I mean she has a good voice and all, but not my kind of music. And why do so many people assume that if you like rap, you don't like rock, or if you like rock, then you don't like techno, etc. It's possible for people to like more then one kind of music. And yeah, having a good sound system is great, doesn't have to be 15 grand worth of subs in the trunk, but it's nice to listen to music in the car, it's the only place that I can turn it up as loud as I want.
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:48 AM   #112
orestes
AF Fanatic

bro i am ALL about danny carey.. like i said i used to play drums. man but i couldnt even touch any of his stuff, that one song goes 9/8,8/8,7/4 and it is just mind boggling. and you said line drumming, did you know danny practices that too?

2 other favorite parts
-breakdown in 46 and 2
-the syncopated hi hat beat on Eulogy

Old 01-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #113
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

YEEESSSS Eulogy. I like Bottom a lot too. Yea I knew he practiced percussion at a college. Can't remember exactly which one, but I want to say Michigan. That song you're talking about is Lateralus. AEnima is by far my favorite song though. I can play most of Sober, a little bit of Bottom, and various pieces of the Undertow album. For the most part, that stuff isn't too hard.

But about line drumming, I just love the sound of marching snares and all the real techy stuff. IDK.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 03:39 PM   #114
orestes
AF Fanatic

he went to Kansas im pretty sure cuz ive seen a bunch of pics of him playing shows in a Kansas U. basketball jersey.

but man he is all over the place, crazy double bass, marching snare patterns, tablas, electronic drums.

there was an article in Modern Drummer like 2 years ago where he talks about how he sets up his kit in all sors of weird geometric proportions and shit...did you ever read that? man tool is such a weird band lol.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX