Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 12:40 AM   #61
ac_cs05
AF Newbie

(request for faq)

i was wondering if you could add images to the question, what are the differences between the models? (page 1 of the faq)

like pics of a stock usdm s13 coupe, s13 hatch, s14 oval eyes, s14 shark eyes, all jdm differences, and where 180sx fits in all of this

i think this would be helpful to n00bs like myself, i would do it, but i dont wanna make a mistake and give out misinformation, thanks in advance

... first post, woohoo...

Last edited by ac_cs05; 09-22-2003 at 09:44 AM.
ac_cs05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #62
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
Re: 240sx FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzoracerevovii
how about an sr20det install faq. a VERY detailed one. i know you can always search around and shit, but since we ARE making a faq, why doesnt someone make a good install faq? that will prevent this question from popping up every other day in the forums.

here you are.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:25 PM   #63
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

I have a DVD that shows the COMPLETE install of an SR20, plus other boltons and crap. Its $10 CDN, so $5USD. PM me for info.
Derek: Haha AF Sig Material
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 09:02 PM   #64
JDMDrft
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JDMDrft
Re: 240sx FAQ "Suggestion Box"

just FYI, you prolly new this already but the N1 dual is the same as the regular only it boosts mid range power, this is easily found at apexi-usa.com,
and I was wondering if you could add a ball park figure on an rb25det swap w and w/o labor
JDMDrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 01:39 AM   #65
SliEightyFreak
AF Newbie

Possible Engine Answers?

I've been looking through engine choices for a 89' - 94' Nissan 240SX. I'm getting ready to do a Sileighty conversion and was wondering, what engine would be better and/or fit, a SR20DET, VG20DETT, CA18DET, KA24(possible turbocharging later), RB20DET, RB25DET, and RB26DETT. Also could you possibly list the PROS & CONS of the engines, and to give some more info, the car will be used for mainly street/drag racing and some drifting. What do yall think would be that best for my application, and what would fit and what wouldn't. Also any other engine suggestions would be nice. Thanks your time.
SliEightyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 08:19 AM   #66
Dorikin
AF Fanatic

Re: Possible Engine Answers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliEightyFreak
I've been looking through engine choices for a 89' - 94' Nissan 240SX. I'm getting ready to do a Sileighty conversion and was wondering, what engine would be better and/or fit, a SR20DET, VG20DETT, CA18DET, KA24(possible turbocharging later), RB20DET, RB25DET, and RB26DETT. Also could you possibly list the PROS & CONS of the engines, and to give some more info, the car will be used for mainly street/drag racing and some drifting. What do yall think would be that best for my application, and what would fit and what wouldn't. Also any other engine suggestions would be nice. Thanks your time.
KA24DET, skip the sileighty conversion. You will thank me. BTW dont bother with drifting if your mainly focusing on drag.
Derek: Haha AF Sig Material
Dorikin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 09:09 PM   #67
lazysmurff
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lazysmurff
i guess this is the place for this....ive pretty much been sold on the RB25DET swap into a 240 as the project car for me. but i have a few questions i havent seen answered yet. i read through the FAQ thread and a few others, but id really rather not go trudging through pages and pages of back history and such.

the RB25 is heavier than both the SR20 and the KA (if research proves correct) but not by much. would i be able to make up this difference by losing the AC components? (dont use them in current car anyway, wouldnt use them in this)

also, ive heard that if this done (granted i got all this info from a honda mech, so im not too sure how accurate it is) that the RB is actually preferable weight wise (not any heavier after the removal) and it and the tranny actually sit further back in the car, bringing it closer to a 50-50 weight ratio. is this true?

the reason i ask is id like a car that can handle with the best, but still has the go to put that occasional yuppie supra in its place every so often.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #68
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

Re: 240sx FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysmurff
i guess this is the place for this....ive pretty much been sold on the RB25DET swap into a 240 as the project car for me. but i have a few questions i havent seen answered yet. i read through the FAQ thread and a few others, but id really rather not go trudging through pages and pages of back history and such.

the RB25 is heavier than both the SR20 and the KA (if research proves correct) but not by much. would i be able to make up this difference by losing the AC components? (dont use them in current car anyway, wouldnt use them in this)

also, ive heard that if this done (granted i got all this info from a honda mech, so im not too sure how accurate it is) that the RB is actually preferable weight wise (not any heavier after the removal) and it and the tranny actually sit further back in the car, bringing it closer to a 50-50 weight ratio. is this true?

the reason i ask is id like a car that can handle with the best, but still has the go to put that occasional yuppie supra in its place every so often.
According to Cameron, the first documented person to perform the RB25 swap (www.night7racing.com), it is true that the weight ratio is more evened out with the RB25. And Supra's are not for just yuppies.

Last edited by J_Spec_NiTeMaRe; 01-09-2004 at 02:29 PM.
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:50 PM   #69
lazysmurff
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lazysmurff
oh, sorry, i got the impression that you asked a question here, and it would get answered, either here, or in the actual FAQ thread.

thanks for the confirmation
Old 01-17-2004, 12:10 AM   #70
akfx0
AF Newbie

hey everyone, i was wondering if there were some good general facts sites for the 240sx. i need to learn the bare basics of the 240sx so i was wondering if you knew of any.
akfx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:05 PM   #71
two40essex
AF Newbie

Re: 240sx FAQ "Suggestion Box"

Random stupid question.

i installed a cold air intake on my 1992 240sx and the rpm's wont go below 4,000 at idle. any insite on how to reset the sensor so it wont think the engine is getting way too much air? thanks.

JOn
two40essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 12:36 PM   #72
knuckledraggerSS
AF Newbie

been looking

Ok I've looked and looked on the Newbie Must Read threads and either I missed it or it is not there.

Has anyone tried a VG30DETT in a 240 SX? I know it is for a 300Z but if a Skyline motor can fit with minor mods then shouldn't this? Would it be worth the time and effort? I just want a really fast car with loads of HP and a look I can live with.

Thanks for your time.
knuckledraggerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 01:39 AM   #73
J_Spec_NiTeMaRe
AF Enthusiast

knuckle- The RB series go in alot easier than the VG30. This is due mainly because the RBs are straight 6's, whereas the VG30 is a V6(TT). It would take alot of money, time, and skillzzzz to make the VG fit.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:10 AM   #74
knuckledraggerSS
AF Newbie

Hmm thanks

I see... I ask because I want to try something new.. different.. I am willing to do the research if I could get some ideas. I want to build a project car starting this summer so I want to get all my ideas spun up first and try to head off as many of the foreseeable problems. Thanks for the input on the VG.
I will throw something at you again soon.
knuckledraggerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 12:45 AM   #75
nbw
AF Regular

What are the max engine speeds of the ka and sr?
Anyone know a site that has side by side comparison's between the two engines stock? or with the ka being turbocharged with ~equal injectors/turbo/compression or what have you...
How much does a SR and KA weigh?
basicly just trying to see what paying 3000+ for the SR swap would actualy get me compared to the ka. atm only thing I can see is it being allot lighter..

oh yeah, and what are these cars called? the 240sx 180sx silvia... like what name do they all go by?(such as camaro and firebird both go by f-body) *this willl make doing searches allot easier for me.. :P

thanks.
nbw is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX