Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
Lizard420
AF Newbie

87 gmc jimmy

things a pain in the but to start in the mornings.. starts real rough then smooths out as it warms up. I get a code 45 which is "O2 sensor reads rich" says to replace o2 sensor. Did that still get code 45. What Next? Any Idea's?
Lizard420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Lizard420
AF Newbie

Re: 87 gmc jimmy

*update* was running around town, truck running great, stopped at a store turned it off. When I returned it wouldent start, So I popped the hood took the lid off the ar cleaner and turned it over. Noticed a strong fuel oder like it was flooding itself, I checked and had good spark. Strange as it sounds I unplugged both injectors and it FIRED RIGHT Up! then died of course. so I had a buddy plug them in for a second then turned it over again with injectors unpluged, once it fired he plugged in the primarey and it stayed running (rough ofcourse) let it run for a minute then plugged in the secondary and it ran with no problems. after all that I noticed with key off and out of ignition my injectors still drip. This is flooding causing the code 45 untill it warms up then the service engine light turns off. So I guess my question now is Injector failure? ECU failure? can the injectors be rebuilt? is it worth it? lol I am so frustrated with this thing. any advice is gratefully apreiciated
Lizard420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
old_master
Advisor/Moderator

Re: 87 gmc jimmy

With the key "off" there should be no dripping whatsoever! Disconnect both of the injectors, cycle the key on and off to pressurize the system, then check both injectors for leaks. The leaky injector(s) need(s) to be replaced. If there are no leaks, reconnect the injectors, pressurize the system and leave the key on, engine not running, there should be no leaks now either. If one or both leak, the problem is more than likely in the ECM.
old_master is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Jimmy