Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Krobichaud
AF Newbie

2000 chevy silverado question

I have a chevrolet silverado, 2000 4x4 bought it with the fron drive shaft out bought a u joint and it wouldnt go in. Its in 4hi it will go into auto-4w and it wont go into 2wd but the drive shafts out. Maybe actuator?
Krobichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 2000 chevy silverado question

More likely there is a problem with the TCCM or encoder/motor unit on the xfer case. Chances are the unit is a NV235.

What happens with the indicator lamps on the selector panel when you select 2WD?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: 2000 chevy silverado question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krobichaud View Post
I have a chevrolet silverado, 2000 4x4 bought it with the fron drive shaft out bought a u joint and it wouldnt go in. Its in 4hi it will go into auto-4w and it wont go into 2wd but the drive shafts out. Maybe actuator?
the reason the front drive shaft is out is because the transfer case is locked in 4WD. the reason the drive shaft won't go in is because its in 4WD. I would check the transfer case fluid on this 2000,, it is auto trac II BLUE GM fluid .. if the fluid is not blue , replace it and then after driving the vehicle a few miles see if the drive train 4WD switch will go to 2 WD... If you have service 4WD light on have DRIVE TRAIN code scanner display the codes. post here.. also check ALL the fuses.. then If still not working I would get another encoder motor and install. these come usually in the neutral position .. most likely you will have to move the transfer case fork to get the motor to line up.. do not force the encoder to move this will damage it .. the brake is on to prevent the motor from moving with no voltage on the brake coil circuit. common failure with these since most do not replace this fluid ,, GM does not say much about these fluids .. I do all drive train fluids @40K miles...dif/tranny.........
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
4x4 , chevy , silverado
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion