Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 04:15 AM   #76
Stutz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Stutz
Quote:
Originally posted by Neutrino

If you would acttually bother to read the posts instead of flaming you will notice my post that shows how car and driver already compared the two and the 350Z won the nr 1 place beating the pants of the Mach1 on the track. Ond btw they used the touring model wich is the slowest of the 350Z's.
I am sorry for not wanting to read through 5 pages of this. If the Z beat the pants off of the Mustang, then good. But like I said, they aren't really direct competitors as the Mustang has a backseat.

Where have I flamed? Or was that just a baseless claim meant to drag me down.
Stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:38 AM   #77
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by Stutz
I think the Mach 1 would be better compared to the 350Z(although, the G35C would be ideal). Though, the Cobra and Track Models are comperably equipped. Don't forget, you are paying for a back seat with the Cobra.

As for the 350Z in the looks department, no thanks. The Mustang is much better looking in my opinion. Now the 300ZX and G35 coupe, those are lookers.

Ok so first you say that the Mach1 can be better compared to the 350Z and now you say that they are nor really competitors???

And ok maybe I was a little bit exagerated when i said that you were flaming but still you should read as many posts as you can in order to be part of the disscussion.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:27 AM   #78
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
And that stupid Mach 1 can drive off a cliff with that damn imitation shaker hood!

Give me the 350Z any day over any Mustang, well perhaps the Shelby GT500, but that’s IT!

Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 06:24 PM   #79
vortech
AF Enthusiast

Hey Lord

sorry bro----but the touring model at $29K does not have the same suspension and price for that matter as the top of the line Z. You mention price. The Cobra coupe sells for $36K----and it can be found for that price----so I don't want to hear about isolated dealer markup cases. Also, for $7K more---you get an engine with 500rwhp capability---better suspesnion than any Z version ofered----and, whats the word . . . .
brute force, power, suspension balance and mean, nasty aggressive looks. 500rwhp car at $36K with a blower???? lol How can we even argue about the bargain in this car. Hands down-----the Z maybe be cool to some-------but it is not a better bargain.
$88K for a 500hp viper (not even that good looking of car) , 400hp Z06--$50K. C'mon bro---be honest with yourself. The Z---doesn't quite cut into that argument. You should be ashamed of yourself to argue a point like that.

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 06:41 PM   #80
vortech
AF Enthusiast

lol

Give me a 1972 Gremlin any day over a Chrysler Lebaron. You wear sunglasses and a baseball cap in that car????

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-18-2002, 11:31 PM   #81
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by vortech
Give me a 1972 Gremlin any day over a Chrysler Lebaron. You wear sunglasses and a baseball cap in that car????
You're one of about three people that have mocked the LeBaron, so that doesn't exactly make you funny nor cool.

Last edited by Polygon; 12-19-2002 at 12:37 AM.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 06:53 AM   #82
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Ok vortech easy on the double posting and flaming. And you shoud know that many people here (including some with very good technical expertise) respect him and his lebaron.

Also it sems that nobody seems to bring any proper proof about which car is better. A mustang or a z. I seem to be the only one to post a batlle between them. Please stop flaming and do bring some tangible evidence about your claims.

(\__/)
Old 12-19-2002, 07:30 AM   #83
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

Re: Hey Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by vortech
sorry bro----but the touring model at $29K does not have the same suspension and price for that matter as the top of the line Z. You mention price. The Cobra coupe sells for $36K. Also, for $7K more---you get an engine with 500rwhp capability--- 500rwhp car at $36K with a blower???? You should be ashamed of yourself to argue a point like that.
As far as the suspension on the Z I was going by what is listed on Nissans site. They don't mention anything about an upgraded suspension in the higher models. Addmited I'm falable- but I they should advertise that. The cobra so what you're saying is $36K +$7K = $43K right? You will eventually be able to spend that same $ on a Z, preferabley turbo. I wouldn't be surprised with that $8K+ the Z will be around low to mid 400HP. And it'll be lighter than the Cobra. Not the Z06. Maybe the Z won't be quite as fast, but it'll be in the neighbor hood. And ultimately IMO looks are more important than performance. The Z is a much better looking car. And I would'nt be caught dead in a lebaron. Even with 1000HP.
Lord Rahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 09:52 PM   #84
vortech
AF Enthusiast

1st--neutrino

you are pretty silly boasting about your car comparison proof------because you are referring to a car magazine that compared the Mach 1 & Z-----. This car magazine speaks nothing of the engine highs and lows. Who ever spoke of the Mach 1 being so great----is living in fantasy land. For all you guys talkin smack about just slapping on a turbo to Z------you are going to spend a ton of money on the current engine------because you have to UPGRADE TO FORGED INTERNALS! I'm not wasting my time explaining forged----because you are not running any kind of boost like the 03 Cobra----without upgrading the Z's internals------thats a steep price in the wallet. The 03 Cobra is forged equipped baby. And A Z is not going to make 500rwt like the cobra. Cobra may be heavier------but the monster torque makes up the difference.
Lastly, anyone who puts up a pick as ugly as a Lebaron ---- well----is going to get hiked on. Sorry, but that car is ugly. Could care less how fast it may be------its ugly. Let me repeat---its hideous. And anyone who says it isn't----you aren't being honest--an simply just want to start a wave to whack me. It is hideous-----and its not beautiful at all. May be fast, but the looks---are vomit material. I bet if I put up a pick of a neon with one of those rediculous wings that you see on Hondas----I get the same response. There is nothing wrong with indicating that a car is ugly. If you can't deal with an opinion and are too sensitive--then you need to go elsewhere ----where people speak no truth whatsover. What the hell happened to people-----nothing but pansies are being raised in this country. Its not flaming----that car is ugly-----and if I displayed that car------I'd get the same response from the board. Some of you guys ------ sound like absolute homos., No offense of course. :silly2:

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-20-2002, 01:22 AM   #85
Neutrino
Yaya Master

ok you really should realize that what you are doing is flaming no matter that you say its not calling all of us homos is a dirrect attack. You are just lucky that no mods have seen your posts yet because you will get banned. Flaming is not tolerated.

(\__/)
Old 12-20-2002, 08:23 AM   #86
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

Re: 1st--neutrino

For all you guys talkin smack about just slapping on a turbo to Z------you are going to spend a ton of money on the current engine------because you have to UPGRADE TO FORGED INTERNALS! I'm not wasting my time explaining forged----because you are not running any kind of boost like the 03 Cobra----

I'm not trying to talk smack. And I'm not a NOOB. I know what forged internals are. And I admit to not being fully read on the cobra. 500rwHP is a TON to the wheels. So what PSI is that on the cobra to get to that? FI will NOT require forged interals on the Z unless you want to run a lot of boost. Strictly guessing I think 8-10 PSI would be fairly safe for a daily driver. And I said above so the Z won't be the fastest. But you wouldn't lap it either. I prefer smaller, lighter cars. The Z is smaller and lighter than stangs, F bodies, vettes...and better looking. I don't care what huge amount of power you're putting to the wheels cause in everyday driving how often are you drag racing in a straight line? I don't care what kind of suspension you have but when your car is close to 4000lbs it will NOT handle very well. I'm looking at buying an enthiast Z for my daily driver. For $29,000+ I think it's a great deal. That's where my arguments are coming from.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:32 AM   #87
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Rahl that above post it was not aimed at you but at vortec. And if you would read my posts i acctually defended the Z.

So people stop flaming and bring some well good arguments with ACTUALL PROOF to back them up. Maybe we can actually still save this thread.

(\__/)
Old 12-20-2002, 09:53 AM   #88
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

It's all good. I'm not trying to flame either. Just enjoying a good competitive conversasion. Always enjoy learning new sheet too.
Old 12-28-2002, 02:32 AM   #89
SpyVO
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 1st--neutrino

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rahl

FI will NOT require forged interals on the Z unless you want to run a lot of boost. Strictly guessing I think 8-10 PSI would be fairly safe for a daily driver. And I said above so the Z won't be the fastest. But you wouldn't lap it either. I prefer smaller, lighter cars. The Z is smaller and lighter than stangs, F bodies, vettes.... I don't care what huge amount of power you're putting to the wheels cause in everyday driving how often are you drag racing in a straight line? I don't care what kind of suspension you have but when your car is close to 4000lbs it will NOT handle very well. For $29,000+ I think it's a great deal.
Sheesh, where to begin!

You seem certain that the Z won't need forged guts to survive some boost, but in the next sentence you even say you're strictly guessing as to what it would be able to handle? Just seems like a bit of a contradiction to me.

It seems pointless to spend such a large sum of money on a turbo kit for a daily driver that will have severely restricted boost levels. It's almost as though you just want to be able to say you have a Turbo Z!

And a Z isn't lighter than as many cars as you'd like to think. The only saving grace to that arguement is that Mustangs have gotten pretty porky again. So did the last F-Bodies, but they had lots o' motor to go with it. A lot of Mustangs couldn't say the same thing, till about 2000.

I'd say you're still living in the sixties if you think a Z will 'smoke' all domestic sports cars in the twisties as well: January 2001 Road and Track tested 12 cars on a roadcourse. The Camaro SS had faster lap times than the BMW M Roadster, the Honda S2000 and the Porsche Boxster S. December's Car and Driver tested the Z against the S2000 and the S2000 beat the Z on a roadcourse. So if a Camaro SS beat an S2000 which beat a Z... All I'm saying is that you CAN NOT make the generalization that domestic cars can't handle well.

Now in that C&D article, the Touring Z DID beat the Mach 1 (with the solid axle) by a second on the roadcourse. But I'll bet you a dollar that the nearly 4,000 lb. Cobra would be a totally different story. In other words, that nearly 4,000 lb. Cobra DOES handle very well.

And if you ask me, a GREAT deal would be a WRX or a Mustang GT: Forced induction cars are WAY easier to mod than N/A cars. And the WRX is no exception. A good friend of mine has one with just exhaust that runs 14.1 in the quarter. That still costs less than a BASE Z, is just as quick, and who is going to say that a WRX can't handle? My brother has a bone stock '02 GT that he ran a 14.2 with this summer (he's a banker, too, not a car-guy). It may not handle as well as the Z, but it only cost him $21,500, loaded. With the left over cash and the Mustangs aftermarket, I'm pretty confident he could make it hang with a Z for a lower entrance fee.

So the Z is a kinda neat looking car, if you're into the horseshoe crab look. And if they do turbo the Z, it'll probably fare as well as the 300ZX Twin Turbo's did: yeah, they're pretty quick, but I can count the ones that I've ever seen on one hand.
SpyVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #90
vortech
AF Enthusiast

its about time

that someone who understands the makeup of the cars in questions-----identifies what has already been shown to be prove. SPYVO----did bring up a great car---that I forgot about---that being the WRX---and its awesome handling. Anf for all you guys who missed it------he's 100% right about the being able to mod a mustang to some serious strict wickedness. The problem with some of these Z guys----is that they simply don't understand whats available in the mustang aftermarket-----and they sure as hell don't understand how close the 3,700lb 03 snake is to being pretty damn amazing. How close people say? I'll tell you what-----get a Kenny brown lowering kit suspension + remove the stock k-member and stock control arms-----then watch it be in blur in the mirror of the so called beats = Z06, Viper. Thats a fact fellas----and if you don't agree--then its simply because you don't know whats available in the mustang aftermarket- or you simply don't own a cobra thats been modded to the extreme. I may be brash fellas-----but I've spent the excess cash with this aftermarket equipment----and I know what an insane difference its made to my car.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD