Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 07:55 PM   #61
vortech
AF Enthusiast

for the guy who

said its outrageous (I know you didn't use this word) for a 2.0L to take out a 5.0L---don't forget about the new WRx STI----with its turbo. I guess what I mean to say----is that its not an engine against engine deal-----we have an entire car we are talking about----we have weight issues, traction issues, powertrain issues, that are factored in to what makes a car fast. Thats what it comes down too. To say a 5.0L vs. a 2.0L is unfair---is just crap. I say crap---because if its a 2.0L with a 10lb turbo----well-----its a worthy race. Naturally aspirated, blown, turboed----who cares-----it comes down to how efficient companies want to make their engines. The 03 Cobra is just insane for the price and the looks to boot! 500rwhp & 500rwt capable-----stock isn't crap on this car------when all the mods have already been done on this car----to prove that my claims are no bull! The viper can go naturally aspirated----but the Cobra has amazing potential to run with a Viper----you just have to go to the aftermarket-----to get it there!

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 09:54 PM   #62
Stutz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Stutz
Quote:
Originally posted by sr20det2nr

i so agree wid u you...
soon as those turbo kits for the 350z came out it will kill all!

at least i hope so....
Throw a turbo kit on a Z28 and who wins now?

Mustangs and Camaros may not be the best handlers, but they handle well enough that their hp difference makes up for it on most tracks. Isn't that what matters?

You have to remember, the Mustang and Camaro are more competition for the G35, as they are 2X2s.

The big heavy Cobra R outhandles anything in Nissans linup. This shows that they don't have to be as sluggish as they are, but with their stock suspensions, they are. However, if you actually drive any of thses cars, you will find that the handling differences are VERY subtle.
Stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 10:30 PM   #63
vortech
AF Enthusiast

what you guys haven't mentioned

is that there are very affordable suspension components outhere in the Ford aftermarket that will a Cobra or GT to easily exceed the Cobra Rs performance capabilities. Sorry to say, Nissan or Infiniti isn't even on the cusp of being able to do that for their Z or G35. Their aftermarket is still stuck in its baby phase of developing serious performance products.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-13-2002, 08:10 AM   #64
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Quote:
The big heavy Cobra R outhandles anything in Nissans linup.
umm......
skyline!

i'd like to see it run with that! that would be a more fair race!

also you were saying throwing a turbo on a z28 that would be cool but i would still think if you tunned the 350z right the 350 would beat the z28.. if u tune it right!

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 08:39 AM   #65
Stutz
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by sr20det2nr

umm......
skyline!

i'd like to see it run with that! that would be a more fair race!
Well I would hope the Skyline would win considering how much more it costs, but the best numbers I can find for the Skyline in the slalom is 68.3 and the best for the skidpad is .95.

The Cobra R puts down 69.4 in the slalom and over 1 G. on the skidpad.

Quote:
also you were saying throwing a turbo on a z28 that would be cool but i would still think if you tunned the 350z right the 350 would beat the z28.. if u tune it right!
When bored to 427 ci and turboed, the LS1 puts out a reliable street legal 725 hp. Sticking with 350 ci, Lingenfelter coaxes out 550 hp.

I want to see the VQ3.5 put out even close to those numbers reliably and legally.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:18 PM   #66
aznstylez
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to aznstylez
stutz knows a great deal considering he drives a pulsar
aznstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 07:55 PM   #67
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
the vq35 should put out around 600hp easily when wrked cause the vg30dett easily put of 600+hp at the wheel reliably! now the vq has .5 more L... so i would say that a twin turbo vq35 will put out well ova 600hp+ reliabiy!

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 10:52 AM   #68
Stutz
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by aznstylez
stutz knows a great deal considering he drives a pulsar
Don't judge me by more poor old beat up Pulsar. I also own a Jeep Cherokee and Chevy Citation, but don't drive them much except in the winter.

I just want people to stop saying stupid things about cars, like "my 3 cylinder can beat up on your V6. Whoop-ti-doo! I try to be as unbiased as possible.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:12 PM   #69
vortech
AF Enthusiast

click on the forced induction link

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/...3/z/home.shtml
According to the tuner, the blower probably won't be able to add more than 70-80hp. I don't know what the internal make up the engine is all about-----but judging from these 'weak' numbers----sounds like the internal engine components are cast metal. So, you guys talking about the potential of this car with a blower/turbo---better realize that its going to be quite expensive to root power into this 3.5L, because you are going to have to upgrade the internal pistons,rods, bearings, etc. I'm sure though in a few 2-3 years----when the the twin turbo hits the streets---the internal problem will be address. For the mean time though, looks like you'll be spending more money than just for the blower/turbo----to get power in that 'soft core' engine.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-17-2002, 07:34 AM   #70
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

Re: 350Z is quick but not fast

[quote]Originally posted by cobraman03
[b]THE 350Z IS A NICE CAR.FOR $34500 YOU GET 287HP THAT RUNS 14.4 1/4 @98MPH AND PULLS .88GS IN THE SKIDPAD.THE CAR TIPS THE SCALE AT 3370LBS.THE 3.5 V6 IS A NICE ENGINE.THE ZO6 COST $52000 WITH 405HP AND RUNS THE 1/4 IN 12.85 @114 AND PULLS .94GS IN THE SKIDPAD.THAT CAR TIPS THE SCALE AT 3118LBS.MY COBRA COST ME $34750 WITH 390HP AND RUNS 12.84@114 IN THE 1/4.THE SKIDPAD IS .91GS AND TIPS THE SCALE AT 3665LBS.0-60 TIMES ARE 5.8 350Z,4.6 ZO6, 4.6 COBRA.

Why does everyone list the 350Z price @ $35,000? The enthuisist model is like $29,000- same engine, same suspention. And I'd rather spend my $ on some forged Volks over those Rays. So you're really comparing a $29,000, $52,000 and $35,000 cars. Just wanted to remind everyone that the 350Z IS CHEAPER THAN EVERYTHING that it is being compared too. Performance aside it looks generations better than any stang or F body. Love those fake intakes and hood scoops on the Stang ha, ha, ha...
Lord Rahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 07:40 AM   #71
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

Re: 350Z is quick but not fast

[quote]Originally posted by cobraman03
[b]THE 350Z IS A NICE CAR.FOR $34500 YOU GET 287HP THAT RUNS 14.4 1/4 @98MPH AND PULLS .88GS IN THE SKIDPAD.THE CAR TIPS THE SCALE AT 3370LBS.THE 3.5 V6 IS A NICE ENGINE.THE ZO6 COST $52000 WITH 405HP AND RUNS THE 1/4 IN 12.85 @114 AND PULLS .94GS IN THE SKIDPAD.THAT CAR TIPS THE SCALE AT 3118LBS.MY COBRA COST ME $34750 WITH 390HP AND RUNS 12.84@114 IN THE 1/4.THE SKIDPAD IS .91GS AND TIPS THE SCALE AT 3665LBS.0-60 TIMES ARE 5.8 350Z,4.6 ZO6, 4.6 COBRA.

Why does everyone list the 350Z price @ $35,000? The enthuisist model is like $29,000- same engine, same suspention. And I'd rather spend my $ on some forged Volks over those Rays. So you're really comparing a $29,000, $52,000 and $35,000 cars. Just wanted to remind everyone that the 350Z IS CHEAPER THAN EVERYTHING that it is being compared too. Performance aside it looks generations better than any stang or F body. Love those fake intakes and hood scoops on the Stang ha, ha, ha...
Old 12-17-2002, 07:46 AM   #72
Stutz
AF Newbie

I think the Mach 1 would be better compared to the 350Z(although, the G35C would be ideal). Though, the Cobra and Track Models are comperably equipped. Don't forget, you are paying for a back seat with the Cobra.

As for the 350Z in the looks department, no thanks. The Mustang is much better looking in my opinion. Now the 300ZX and G35 coupe, those are lookers.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:05 PM   #73
vortech
AF Enthusiast

Lord you are in the monority of people

who beleieve that a Z looks better than a GT or Cobra. Thats for sure. The $29K Z is definetely the bottom of the barrel model---with a weak suspension like a mustang V6. I say that for comparison sake. You aren't going to be able to get much more power in a turbo/blower---without replacing the insides of the Z stock engine. So you better dig deep son. The Z----well-----I guess you just have to have a like for oddly shaped cars----nothing pretty about iy :alien2:
I did want to mention----the Z06---well, an experienced shifter can get that car into 12.4s in the 1/4---and I'm not talking about adding slicks either. The Z06----is just all that. Definetely a tougher dog and better car overall than a Viper. Viper has more HP----but that doesn't warrant a car a simple pedigree. The Z06 can shame some cars outhere that are over $100K. The Z is still in the baby stages of everything----and the Nissan aftermarket---in particular for this car-----is nothing to be getting excited over lol. The stock scoops on the Gts and V6s---do suck----but they have killer aftermarket options.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 12-18-2002, 12:01 AM   #74
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

I totally agree about the Z06 is can hang with cars twice it's price. It's the best bargain in performance cars. As for appearance prefferences to each his own. The suspention is the same on all the 350Z models I thought. There is stability and traction control and under body spoilers options for more $. You still get the LSD for $29,000 and I think that's the most crucial part. I just wanted to point out that for 29,000 you get 287HP, LSD and same suspention. Vettes and Cobras are faster but significantly higher priced.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:47 AM   #75
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Quote:
Originally posted by Stutz
I think the Mach 1 would be better compared to the 350Z(although, the G35C would be ideal). Though, the Cobra and Track Models are comperably equipped. Don't forget, you are paying for a back seat with the Cobra.

As for the 350Z in the looks department, no thanks. The Mustang is much better looking in my opinion. Now the 300ZX and G35 coupe, those are lookers.
If you would acttually bother to read the posts instead of flaming you will notice my post that shows how car and driver already compared the two and the 350Z won the nr 1 place beating the pants of the Mach1 on the track. Ond btw they used the touring model wich is the slowest of the 350Z's.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons