Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
Teggyb18a
AF Newbie

Rev limit/wont start

So it all started when my car would rev out at 3500 rpm's even if pedal was in all the way. I checked plugs, had oil in them. I changed plugs cleaned all oil out put new plug/valve cover gasket on.. Still had same problem.. I started lookin at my dizzy, im gettin all spark out of my wire's and everything to me it seems to be working fine ( im not 100% car smart ) I also do have msd on my car.. I pulled that plug off my dizzy and it was cacked with white shit. Looks almost like batter acid would. Now my car wont even start, sounds like it wants to, seems like its gonna but just wont. help please?? =(
Teggyb18a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
CJ0717
AF Newbie

Re: Rev limit/wont start

So it all started when my car would rev out at 3500 rpm's even if pedal was in all the way. I checked plugs, had oil in them. I changed plugs cleaned all oil out put new plug/valve cover gasket on.. Still had same problem.. I started lookin at my dizzy, im gettin all spark out of my wire's and everything to me it seems to be working fine ( im not 100% car smart ) I also do have msd on my car.. I pulled that plug off my dizzy and it was cacked with white shit. Looks almost like batter acid would. Now my car wont even start, sounds like it wants to, seems like its gonna but just wont. help please?? =(

1st off when you were revving the car were you driving it or was it in park? Most vehicles have a rev limiter which will cut out between 3500 and 4000 rpm so you don't destroy the engine.
2nd what in the world is a "dizzy" and what is a plug/valve cover gasket.
Regardless is the problem that the engine won't rev in Park or Nuetral above 3500rpm? If so it won't due to the rev limiter.
CJ0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Teggyb18a
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ0717 View Post

1st off when you were revving the car were you driving it or was it in park? Most vehicles have a rev limiter which will cut out between 3500 and 4000 rpm so you don't destroy the engine.
2nd what in the world is a "dizzy" and what is a plug/valve cover gasket.
Regardless is the problem that the engine won't rev in Park or Nuetral above 3500rpm? If so it won't due to the rev limiter.
Car's 5 spd. "dizzy" distributor sorry.. valve cover gasket and the seals that go in ur valve cover for ur spark plugs... car wont rev past 3500 in any gear driving sittin anything. now wont start
Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
DownToGround
AF Regular

its the igniter inside the" dizzy " ive replaced hundreds of them..or other words known as icm
DownToGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Teggyb18a
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownToGround View Post
its the igniter inside the" dizzy " ive replaced hundreds of them..or other words known as icm

so best bet buy new distibutor?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
DownToGround
AF Regular

could also be your coil ( both in the distributor ) a new distributor exceeds the cost of a new coil and igniter, (which can be replaced seperately) but easier to swap out.. probably the igniter tho.
DownToGround is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra