Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
pararescuejmper
AF Newbie

2000 radio question

I just recently purchased a 2000 LX that has the base radio. The dealer is going to upgrade it to a tape deck in a week or so, but my question is this. When I turn corners the radio is static only during the turn. Then when I come out of the turn its fine. I actually am listening to an Ipod through the radio and have not had a problem with the adapter in other cars.

I'm not sure if the problem will get resolved when the fix the radio, but has anyone else had this issue?
pararescuejmper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #2
shorod
SHO Off

Re: 2000 radio question

You have good reason for concern, if the 2000 radio implementation is like the prior generation of Taurus, the tuner and amplifier portion of the sound system is in the Rear Control Unit (RCU) in the trunk. The head unit in the dash is just the user interface to the RCU. Chances are pretty good there is an issue with the antenna, antenna connection (could also be a solder joint in the RCU) or mounting of the RCU. Was there any indication that the car has been in an accident in the driver's rear corner?

To answer your question though, I've not heard of others having a similar issue. You might suggest to your dealer that they need to have an RCU available when they upgrade the head unit.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
pararescuejmper
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 radio question

According to the dealer it has not been in an accident. Thanks for your information, Ill take that back to the dealer if I cant figure it out myself.
pararescuejmper is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD