Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 12:56 AM   #16
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT
Re: s2000

i dont like the rx-8 it suxx the 3rd gen rx-7 is aight although i would take a 2nd gen ('88) rx-7 turbo thos are one of the cars i want to get turbo charged - intercooled.. it has a nice sleek look to the car kinda comparative to the z31 in a way..

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #17
apostrophe28
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to apostrophe28

see now if i had a choice between a 88 rx7 turbo and a 88 z32 turbo id totally go with the z32 because of how much ass it kicks...
apostrophe28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #18
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Re: s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostrophe28
see now if i had a choice between a 88 rx7 turbo and a 88 z32 turbo id totally go with the z32 because of how much ass it kicks...
they didnt make the Z32 until 89 and it was 90 in the US. i think you mean Z31...

anyways, id love to have a FC3S...its on a list that is tucked in teh very back of my mind.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #19
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
Yesterday I pushed my Z around the block faster than the old woman on a bike.

*Goes back to working on engine*
lol...at least you still have a whole car...I just have an engine! Maybe I can push my engine around my storage space on the stand...

You gotta watch out for EVOs...I've read about modded EVOs that were running 9s on street tires. I think it was all just bolt on shit, too. Those are some mean little cars...and they get lots meaner with the right mods. Drove one once...kinda fun doing all wheel drive burnouts and getting all sideways and stuff. Wouldn't buy one, though.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #20
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

Send a message via AIM to ZedEx

Good kill there man...

The RX-8 is nothing at all... I took the top of the line 2005 Model out for a test drive a while back. Absolutely NO power until past 9,000RPM. Granted, this makes for some pretty neat tire chirps all the way into 3rd gear

But over all, I wasn't impressed at all... My Civic is more fun to drive.

I attempted to test drive an S2000... I simply couldn't get into the car, not even with the top down... Everyone at the dealership was gathering around laughing... You're limited to the cars you can drive when you're close to 6'7"

The only thing that gets me with Zed32's, JZA80's, and VR-4's... They are very difficult to work on. Which is prime reason why I haven't bought another Zed yet, I need to find one in prestine condition before I'll even consider.

Anyway, people don't relize how easy it is to get power out of Zeds... I already have my little list made up for when I get my Twin Turbo

Shit... Think about it, the JWT (Jim Wolf Technology) ECU adds 60bhp... Sixty Horse Power out of an ECU tune. Not too many cars can say that.

In my opinion, no car (Road going car) will ever match up to the Zed... The balance, the power, the potential, the handling, the heritage... It simply can not be touched.

All of you Bastards with Zeds have no idea how lucky you are... I'm going crazy here.

-Wes
-2000 PY Acura Integra Type-R #686 - WhoRe
-1997 EGP Honda Prelude Type-SH - Daily driver

R.I.P Hypsi87:Andy Filson
ZedEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #21
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedEx
In my opinion, no car (Road going car) will ever match up to the Zed... The balance, the power, the potential, the handling, the heritage... It simply can not be touched.

All of you Bastards with Zeds have no idea how lucky you are... I'm going crazy here.

-Wes
you have had 3 of them...stop whining. its your own fault.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 07-12-2005, 06:58 PM   #22
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
The RX-8 is nothing at all... I took the top of the line 2005 Model out for a test drive a while back. Absolutely NO power until past 9,000RPM. Granted, this makes for some pretty neat tire chirps all the way into 3rd gear
I was never really impressed with the RX-8 on the books. I'd like to drive one just to see how it is, though. I'll drive just about anything once. To really get my attention, they'd have to get rid of that novel, cute little 4 door design and get the turbo(s) back...then we'll talk...

Quote:
I attempted to test drive an S2000... I simply couldn't get into the car, not even with the top down... Everyone at the dealership was gathering around laughing... You're limited to the cars you can drive when you're close to 6'7"
lol...I'd love to drive one. I like the cars. Never seen anything even in the realm of impressive coming out of the tuning world with these cars, but they're pretty cool from the factory. 6'7" makes things a bit difficult, I'm sure...

Quote:
Anyway, people don't relize how easy it is to get power out of Zeds... I already have my little list made up for when I get my Twin Turbo

Shit... Think about it, the JWT (Jim Wolf Technology) ECU adds 60bhp... Sixty Horse Power out of an ECU tune. Not too many cars can say that.
Nope...I've been preaching this for years. Even with the older Z31s...get a turbo and drop less than a grand in it...have fun runnin with the G35 Coupes and 350Zs and all that. The Z32s are just as amazing, but require a tad more dough to be forked over. Still EXTREMELY impressive.

Quote:
Can't forget the VALUE ASPECT! Z32: find a decent TT for 10-12 grand...drop another couple grand into it and decimate all. Z31: find a PRISTINE turbo for 4-5 grand, drop another GRAND into it and kick lots of ass. How many other cars can represent THAT type of value?!

Good seein you again, mista Wes...where you been, man?

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 07-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #23
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

I've been extremely busy with life... But seeming as things have slowed down recently, I can start getting back online more often.

It's kind of weird, but I missed you guys

-Wes

Old 07-12-2005, 07:47 PM   #24
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: s2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
lol...I'd love to drive one. I like the cars. Never seen anything even in the realm of impressive coming out of the tuning world with these cars, but they're pretty cool from the factory. 6'7" makes things a bit difficult, I'm sure...
i have a magazine that has a s2000 on the cover with 800+rwhp and 600+ ft-lbs of torque. that is the mose impressive thing i have seen...and that is pretty damn impressive for a 2.0L. it was ugly as sin but im sure it was fast as hell.

it went through a tank of 103 octane fuel in 15 minutes....can you imagine going through a tank of gas in 15 minutes???

wes, dont get all mushy on us...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 07-12-2005, 08:20 PM   #25
apostrophe28
AF Regular

i was just thinkin about something said earlier in his thread about how the turbo kit only added like 90 hp on the S2000 i raced and how that was a "waste" the kid said, when it popped into my head that the Z32's twin turbo assembly only added 78 hp to the already powerfull vg30de.....and as for watching out for evos, dont bother unless there heavily mod'd, my friend bought a 2004 evo VIII and after i got my Z he refused to ever race me...long story short i got him to race the other night at a stop light. he got a better launch cause i spun the tires a bit but by the top of 1st i caught up to him, top of 2nd i was pulling away and by the time i got to third he was gone...i bet he'll never do that again
Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #26
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
i was just thinkin about something said earlier in his thread about how the turbo kit only added like 90 hp on the S2000 i raced and how that was a "waste" the kid said, when it popped into my head that the Z32's twin turbo assembly only added 78 hp to the already powerfull vg30de.....and as for watching out for evos, dont bother unless there heavily mod'd, my friend bought a 2004 evo VIII and after i got my Z he refused to ever race me...long story short i got him to race the other night at a stop light. he got a better launch cause i spun the tires a bit but by the top of 1st i caught up to him, top of 2nd i was pulling away and by the time i got to third he was gone...i bet he'll never do that again
what do you have done??? EVO's are very low 13 second cars from the factory. nice kill...

its funny that these younger kids get into these newer performance cars and think they are the shit and then get man-handled by other cars because of the simple fact that they do not know how to drive it. the EVO and STI are very sensitive cars. they wont run near the times that they are capable of, without a decent driver.

im not taking credit away from you....i dont remember what you ahve done or anything. just making a point...
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 07-13-2005, 12:54 AM   #27
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
i was just thinkin about something said earlier in his thread about how the turbo kit only added like 90 hp on the S2000 i raced and how that was a "waste" the kid said, when it popped into my head that the Z32's twin turbo assembly only added 78 hp to the already powerfull vg30de.....
The reason the TT only added 78 hp is because the engine is a bit...um..."turned down", should we say...lowered compression ratio and so on...so..."turning it back up", is easy. You think that S2K had been "turned down"...probably not. It was probably running it's balls off...the Z32TT is not...

Quote:
and as for watching out for evos, dont bother unless there heavily mod'd, my friend bought a 2004 evo VIII and after i got my Z he refused to ever race me...long story short i got him to race the other night at a stop light. he got a better launch cause i spun the tires a bit but by the top of 1st i caught up to him, top of 2nd i was pulling away and by the time i got to third he was gone...i bet he'll never do that again
I've got my hand on my "bs flag"...unless you're modded and he can't drive...

Old 07-13-2005, 01:22 PM   #28
ZedEx
GO-FIGHT-KILL!

That is exactly why I decided not to go for Forced Induction with my Civic... Like LLTZ said, the car is running it's balls off.

Cars that come stock with Turbochargers, or Superchargers are made that way, they can take it for thousands upon thousands of miles.

You start force feeding a motor that was only meant to take vaccum... Shit starts destroying itself. Even one of the top Honda tuners in America (C-Speedracing) had a BADASS Turbocharged set-up on their Integra Type-R, with only 12,000miles on it... It blew up within a matter of months.

Now granted, if you want to start rebuilding the motor with titanium internals, and completely overhaul the motor... That's a route that can be taken. An expensive one at that, even for Honda's.

Twin Turbo Zed's are almost graceful with boost... They're meant to spool hard, and the motors are made to handle it. I guarantee you, that S2000 you raced will be dead within the next year.

Every single person I know with a Turbocharged Honda with stock internals, ends up going Forged in a matter of months... Simply because those motors stock, aren't meant to take it.

I'm just backing up what LLTZ said.

-Wes

Old 07-13-2005, 03:56 PM   #29
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
That is exactly why I decided not to go for Forced Induction with my Civic... Like LLTZ said, the car is running it's balls off.

Cars that come stock with Turbochargers, or Superchargers are made that way, they can take it for thousands upon thousands of miles.

You start force feeding a motor that was only meant to take vaccum... Shit starts destroying itself. Even one of the top Honda tuners in America (C-Speedracing) had a BADASS Turbocharged set-up on their Integra Type-R, with only 12,000miles on it... It blew up within a matter of months.

Now granted, if you want to start rebuilding the motor with titanium internals, and completely overhaul the motor... That's a route that can be taken. An expensive one at that, even for Honda's.

Twin Turbo Zed's are almost graceful with boost... They're meant to spool hard, and the motors are made to handle it. I guarantee you, that S2000 you raced will be dead within the next year.

Every single person I know with a Turbocharged Honda with stock internals, ends up going Forged in a matter of months... Simply because those motors stock, aren't meant to take it.

I'm just backing up what LLTZ said.

-Wes
Yea...I'd probably choose the NA route too, in this case unless I was planning on doing an engine rebuild. It's tough for an engine to run boost AND an 11:1 comp ratio at the same time...probably won't work for too long. I've seen some SICK turbo Hondas...I've seen some SICKER NA Hondas. Something's just kinda cool about a Civic running in the 10s all motor.

Old 07-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #30
apostrophe28
AF Regular

i have the jwt ecu, boost jets, and intake, but a stock z32 tt and a stock evo viii would be a good race

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD