Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Sierra
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 12:58 AM   #1
AKGMC
AF Newbie

5.7L misfire after intake manifold gaskets replaced

Hi all, first post here...

I just had my 97 Sierra K2500 intake manifold gaskets replaced at a shop in town. There had been no noticable trouble with the engine except that coolant was dissappearing. They pressure tested it the cooling system and said the gasket was bad.

I got the truck back from them and it immediately started "stumbling" at 2500 rpm, no matter what gear, and seemingly not under much of a load. I think I could have punched the accelerator and roared past 2500 without trouble, but with the normal acceleration (I'm gettin' old!) it would misfire.

I brought it back to the shop and they called me and said the fuel pump was not producing enough pressure. Since the quote was for $610 to replace with a OEM pump/sender unit, I took it home and swapped the pump myself. There was a very noticable change in starting...the engine caught almost immediately! But it keeps stumbling and is getting worse four days later.

The truck is a K2500 with 95,000 miles, a manual transmission and has the 5700 engine. I've not had any problems with it to date. I have not yet changed the plugs/wires/distributor cap/rotor, but prior to going into the shop there was no noticable probelms with the way it ran (except that it took about 2 seconds longer to fire up when cold).

I have new plugs/wires/distributor cap/rotor being delivered in the morning and hope it will fix the problem. Any other ideas?
AKGMC is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD