Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Technical Discuss different strategies and theories of the racing aspect.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 12:38 AM   #1
RicR_wana_B
AF Enthusiast

cluth... fun

i was with this friend a' mine the other day and we were ridin in his teg and he had just gotten a six plate clutch *or i think that is what he said, music was too loud to hear him clearly* anyways when we hit a stop light a civic rolled up next to us and it was this dude that we know and so the civic and me and dude took off at the light and holy crap when he hit 2nd gear the car grabbed SO much... it shook the whole front of the car and then third and so on (by the way his car is COMPLETELY stock except for the clutch) and i was wonderin the new clutch would just improve the grab on the gears * when the clutch is released* or is it somethin else..? im kinda confused about it (and i dont really know technical terms fer that kinda stuff)

MUNG....
RicR_wana_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:21 PM   #2
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
the high pressure plates on aftermarket clutches (not all are 6-puck) do make you feel the hard shifts more you also have an increase of pedal pressure. When shifting hard like that its not uncommon for the front to shake like you described. When i shift my car hard the change holder pops open sending pennies allover Also tell your friend if hes racing on a new clutch thats not broken in hes dumb it'll kill the clutch.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote