Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:47 PM   #1
82olds98
AF Newbie

'85 gt 5.0 serpentine belt help

ive got an '85 gt 5.0 with the A/C and its a manual trans.. my question is what should the lenght of the serpentine belt be for this car.. Today i bought one a auto zone their computers showed a 92.2 inch length however it was just a bit too long so i put the old one back on.. i went searching online and seen that most were saying 91 inch lenght can someone please varify this for me so i can change the damned thing before im on the side of the road with a snapped belt. the old one is bad. thank you for any help
82olds98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:26 AM   #2
351wStang
AF Enthusiast

Re: '85 gt 5.0 serpentine belt help

Its simple to pull the belt off so just pull it off in their parking lot and have them match it if thats your only mode of transportation.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #3
82olds98
AF Newbie

hows this.. i did take the old one in my friend drove me back up there because the first time the guy didnt ask if it had ac so i ended up with a belt for one w/o ac which didnt even occur to me until i went to put it on so when i went back the guy took my old one to make sure said hes never wrong and i went home and the belt wasnt snug it was just a little to loose.. and when i called he kept insisting that i was wrong with my routing of the belt.. im just going to try a 91 inch long belt im pretty sure thats what it was
82olds98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
angus10
AF Regular

It seems there are 2 belts for that car. One w/factory installed a/c and one with dealer installed a/c . I think you want the one w/factory installed a/c.
Part#
(Standard) K060910 It is 91.11 in length.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis